idler arm id help!!

-

VDART

Reaction score
I bought this at some point-- it was to be a new replacement for my 69 dart-- it does not look to be correct for that application.. I have looked at pictures in a moog book & it looks to be a k-7041 for b- body 68-70 & e body 70 cars--- can anyone assist in the id?
the #'s on it are 57302 usa-stamped in the arm, 3594--10536 stamped in the zerk surface.
Thanks Lawrence

Attachments

• summer2011 147.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 171
  • summer2011 148.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 170
I just replaced the idler arm on my 69 Dart. It is a Moog K7042 for the Dart

It looks very similar to the picture you posted but your looks like it has an extra bend or offset.

thanks, I have a 1970 & prior listing moog catalog-- that is how I came up with the code k7042 for the pictured arm--- in the back of the book it has pictures of the parts listed. & that would be a honest mistake from the person I bought from-- he sold me a b body instead of an "a";

I'm just trying to verifiy this so I can get correct parts for my 69 dart. Lawrence

Yeah...not the '68-72 type idler. It could be the '73-6 version.

I kept getting the idler arm pictured for my 74 from Advance, Summit, etc. All had a "Note"; "Not for Police or Taxi service vehicles". None of above outlets mentioned had any other and all were saying superceeded number. Got 4 of them in a months time. They all looked like extra curve on both axis, see my pics 1 & 2 below.

I finally got the right one for my 74 Dart custom off ebay it has curve on one axis, straight on second axis. Also did not have the "Not for police" notation. Also had ad that stated, "If description is unclear see pic due to it being "ACTUAL" part pictured"
See also the bushing that goes all the way through on the straight one is thicker, and the 2 curve one has that end shorter and sealed so as not to be able to press out and reinstall new bushing.
See my pics 3 & 4.
Good luck!
It took me almost 2 months to get it replaced and front still rattles LOL!
John:coffee2:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 4.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 142
I kept getting the idler arm pictured for my 74 from Advance, Summit, etc. All had a "Note"; "Not for Police or Taxi service vehicles". None of above outlets mentioned had any other and all were saying superceeded number. Got 4 of them in a months time. They all looked like extra curve on both axis, see my pics 1 & 2 below.

I finally got the right one for my 74 Dart custom off ebay it has curve on one axis, straight on second axis. Also did not have the "Not for police" notation. Also had ad that stated, "If description is unclear see pic due to it being "ACTUAL" part pictured"
See also the bushing that goes all the way through on the straight one is thicker, and the 2 curve one has that end shorter and sealed so as not to be able to press out and reinstall new bushing.
See my pics 3 & 4.
Good luck!
It took me almost 2 months to get it replaced and front still rattles LOL!
John:coffee2:

I have a problem with the tie rod next to idler arm, this is rubbing whit the torsion bar and the idler arm hit with the oil pan. I use the Tread Saver K7086, which apparently is the right for my Duster 74, what could be the problem?

Recently i swap the drum brakes for disc, all tie rods, bushings, ball joints, pitman and idler are all new.

IMG_20200810_144600179.jpg

IMG_20200810_145011119.jpg

IMG_20200810_144548135.jpg

-
Back