Idler Arm torque spec

-
Not to be weaseling in on another's thread, but rather than start a new one for a simple question. I put newer uppers on my 67Valiant. I believe they are from a 72 demon. (bigger ball joints regardless) they have new bushings and I restored the cam bolts best I could. Looking for the torque spec I should use and also should there be any sort of lubrication there? I snugged them down pretty good and the upper control arms hardly want to budge.

Looking for the torque spec I should use and also should there be any sort of lubrication there? I snugged them down pretty good and the upper control arms hardly want to budge.

IMO, the upper bushings/bolts shouldn't require any lubrication though some anti-seize applied to the fasteners will help prevent corrosion. If the bushings were polyurethane, then you'd definitely want to grease them just to prevent squeaks.

"Good and tight" would be the torque spec. Your alignment guy will have to loosen them to make adjustments anyway and that's all he'll do when he's done.

I don't know why they aren't in that chart. The cam bolts should be 65 ft lbs

-
Back