Idler arm?

-

newby

Reaction score
Was going through super front end kit for my 68 dart gts. Got to comparing idler arms and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Attachments

• P1030904.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 320
  • P1030905.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 315
You'll need to reuse those spacer washers from the original.

Was going through super front end kit for my 68 dart gts. Got to comparing idler arms and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Can you send me your shipping info and order info and I or one of my customer service reps will contact you to help.

Thanks
James

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the info I or a customer service rep will be in contact with you shortly.

Thanks
James

That's awhole lot different than the stock set up. So the washers are out side the saddle and foamy's in between. Idler arm floats up and down a little then? Thanks for the picture makes a bit more sense.

That's awhole lot different than the stock set up. So the washers are out side the saddle and foamy's in between. Idler arm floats up and down a little then? Thanks for the picture makes a bit more sense.

The sleeve keeps it from floating up and down, the fiber washers keep the dirt out of the sleeve. You'll find you have to tighten the bolt but you'll see that. It should not have any up or down movement and the lateral movement is a little stiff on a new one. Be sure to grease both the sleeve and the pin.

My only question is, with the old one there is a lot of surface area contact between the idler arm and frame pocket. Won't that sleeve cut a groove rather quickly into the frame pocket? I would assume the sleeve is a lot harder than the frame pocket. Robbie 2734 have you had yours installed for awhile?

My only question is, with the old one there is a lot of surface area contact between the idler arm and frame pocket. Won't that sleeve cut a groove rather quickly into the frame pocket? I would assume the sleeve is a lot harder than the frame pocket. Robbie 2734 have you had yours installed for awhile?

The new sleeve when tightened down will not move. The idler arm will spin freely on the sleeve. This will not allow the sleeve to dig in to the mount.

I get it now definitely was overlooking the obvious. Talk about making things more difficult :eek:ops::violent1: Thanks for the patience guys.

-
Back