Idler arm

-
No,it has to be 73-6 to fit the spool k frame. It goes : 67 only,68-72 and then 73-6 k frames and arms. They are not interchangable

What do you mean by bracket?

Yes you can put a 68-72 Idler in a 73-76 K-member. BUT YOU HAVE to run 68-72 centerline with a 72 or earlier small output spline power or manual steering box that has a pitman stud that point UP. So it take all four of those items together as a unit to swap.

I've ran the flip opposite of what you want to do: a 73-76: idler, centerlink, pitman, and steering box in a 1968-1972 K-member for years in my 1968 Barracuda.

What do you mean by bracket?

Yes you can put a 68-72 Idler in a 73-76 K-member. BUT YOU HAVE to run 68-72 centerline with a 72 or earlier small output spline power or manual steering box that has a pitman stud that point UP. So it take all four of those items together as a unit to swap.

I've ran the flip opposite of what you want to do: a 73-76: idler, centerlink, pitman, and steering box in a 1968-1972 K-member for years in my 1968 Barracuda.

this is correct

Sorry I didn't make myself clearer. I do have the 73 k frame . I'm not worried about the output shaft as my steering is already modified . My main concern was the 68 steering linkage particularly the idler arm . I tried putting the 68 idler arm in and I had to force it.
Maybe bracket is pinched.

Wondering if you got this figured out yet. I have a 1968 barracuda with a QA1 K frame. I have 70 2 inch drop spindles and a borgeson power steering box. When I was trying to use the pitman arm and idle arm for the 68 the cross linkage sloped up towards the sector. Now trying to figure out what year parts to use for getting the center link straight and working. I am new at this part of the car. I didn't realize it was going to change so much going from manual to power on the linkage set up. Any help would be wonderful . I have tried a 70 idle arm and that pushed the linkage so high up it would have never worked.

-
Back