iexplore.exe

-

longarm

Car sold back to original owners
Reaction score
I'm having a problem with iexplore.exe using
too much processor, is there a fix for this.
Is it a bug of some kind.
I went to google and tried to find a cure and when I tried to delete it
using the instructions, it disappeared before I could.
I know it sounds strange but I'm at a loss.
Anybody know a good removal tool?
I already used Norton and their deep search tool to no avail.

Weather you have an infection causing it or not may be in question here.
Iexplore.exe is the executable file for the program Internet Explorer.
If it's using an extensive amount, you may want to look into the "Add On's" running in Explorer instead of Explorer itself.

How are you determining that it is iexplore.exe using this amount of processor?
and how much processor is it using?

Also, do you know how to do an Explorer reset?
It can fix these types of problems.

Another simple way is to download the free version of Malwarebytes and run a system scan. This will tell you if your have malware/adware on your system that could be causing the Processor spike when you are using Internet Explorer.

Also like TrailBeast suggested, look at what add-ons you might be running. Things like tool bars and the like may be hidden malware.

Another simple way is to download the free version of Malwarebytes and run a system scan. This will tell you if your have malware/adware on your system that could be causing the Processor spike when you are using Internet Explorer.

Also like TrailBeast suggested, look at what add-ons you might be running. Things like tool bars and the like may be hidden malware.

I thought he said he scanned it, but I see it wasn't with Malwarebytes but Norton. (yuk):)

He can get the latest free version or Malwarebytes from my website here.
Uncheck "Install Pro trial" when it installs.
http://www.letsgocomputers.com/programs/mbam.exe

Remove everything it finds.

PS, All add ons in Explorer can be disabled for testing and re enabled again.

My 8 year old computer was on its last leg and i followed all the steps in this link. All the downloads worked great and its like new again. malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-adware-popup-ads/

run malwarebytes in safe mode.

We don't recommend safe mode for Malwarebytes scanning because some things will not load in safe mode and Malwarebytes needs to be able to look at running processes so it can identify the bad ones. (this is how it identifies Root Kit infections)

It can be run in safe mode if the computer is so badly infected that Malwarebytes won't run in normal mode though, and then once partially cleaned another full scan in normal mode is recommended.

First question... What are your computer specs ?

-
Back