If I owned a model company.

-

hemitheus

19? Plymouth Scampenstein
Reaction score
If I had the talent to scratch build an entire kit I would make kits differently than everyone does. Mine would be universal to a body line. Example? OK

1 kit would contain all of the parts to build

1963-66 Valiant, Dart, Barracuda (including Canadian)
1967-69 Barracuda
1967-76 Dart (non-post) Scamp
1967+ Valiant & Dart (post)
1970+ Duster, Demon & Dart Sport

Convertible option would be included as well as all of the period correct engine, tranny, rear end, wheel and hub caps, interior choices (bucket, bench, console, steering wheel, interior trim options) They would also include headliners. WHY does nobody make headliners???? Not just A body cars... B, E, C, FMJ, Trucks, A series vans. B vans. Virgil cars.

Sure the kits would be big and cost more. But, EVERYONE would want them. Think... you can build YOUR car... or your dream car.

What do you all think?

Hemi,
I like your listing, I have the talent to do motors and transmissions, BUT I don't have the need machines for bodies and frames, never mind interiors, and seats....

BUT you have a GREAT point of interest, I'd like to see a lot more of the Dodge trucks that were done since about 1960 to around 1985.....NOT every model offered but a "basic" one of each year, NOT just "special" models as they done in the past......

Also need a complete model kit of a 67-69 Barracuda notchback and 1/18 diecast, Mattel was the first company to finally make a notchback diecast in 2013.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 199
I'd like to SEE any of the '67 to '69 'cudas myself, sadly all you ever see these days is the '71.....Whether the notchback or the fastback, either be nice!

I have 4 of these
photo10_zps461568b4.jpg

Jimmy Flintstone makes a notchback body to fit the same chassis & Hart resin does the 68 grilles

Bob, your RIGHT but you own the whole freakin LOT of whatever of the 'cuda of that era were built! LOL you see the '71 all the time, sadly, I have yet to find a single '68 or '69 for sale ANYWHERE or even for trade! LOL

Trade one to me? that I can build?

Your stating if you owned a model company you would make models different from everyone else by providing various factory options to incorporate into the model to one's own personal taste or resemble the real car you own in the garage, which is cool. I'm suggesting also to make a complete model kit which no else to date has made of a notchback Barracuda, sure you can buy a resin body to use in conjunction with a fastback kit as mentioned, but its really not the same. To be different from everyone else, could also include producing models of vehicles that no one else has made and then that would make your company even more unique.

JTG you're so right & there are people who will pay for them The only catch would be securing the rights to do so Mother Mopar is the hardest company & most expensive to buy them from

John, after I get a start on my Plymouth team I can probably do that. I think I have 4 or 5 of them

8 years ago when WalMart quit carrying models there were 5 in a 30 mile radius of me so I bought every one they put on clearance

Bob yer lucky! I got a Wally World across town and 2 "craft Stores" and they all carry models, to a small extent but I'm quite disapointed, as the stock they carry never seems to change besides noticing a model gone and one just like it takes it place from time to time so I actually stopped looking, just go buy to see what paints they have that I may need for one of them I'm building at that time!

Otherwise, its almost ALL online trades, OR purchases for models, AND I noticed, locally to me, there isn't much for Mopar models offered, just The General Lee, AND Rosco's police car, and thats about it....Ohh and a Rubicon Jeep.....

But thats what I have for local choices....

Also need a complete model kit of a 67-69 Barracuda notchback and 1/18 diecast, Mattel was the first company to finally make a notchback diecast in 2013.

nobody makes one, however i work with a guy who is,into car models. he told me there is a company that makes a resin cast conversion kit for the AMT barracuda fastback model to make it into a notchback.

i believe he said you get a notchback bodyshell, interior tub, rear window, and rear seat. the rest of the parts from the fastback kit get used. i think he said the conversion kit is from a place called Model Haus. i bet you can find them online.

Matt

Matt,
You'd be right Model Haus or well "Modelhaus" makes/has alotta nice resin crap. I mean really, they have a model of MY TRUCK, but I have yet to find it, there site is extensive to say the least, but again, alotta nice stuff tho. Not cheap but not overly expensive either.....In some cases they a bit pricey but overall not to bad!

Matt,
You'd be right Model Haus or well "Modelhaus" makes/has alotta nice resin crap. I mean really, they have a model of MY TRUCK, but I have yet to find it, there site is extensive to say the least, but again, alotta nice stuff tho. Not cheap but not overly expensive either.....In some cases they a bit pricey but overall not to bad!

they got some oddball chrysler/dodge/plymouth stuff like the 1960 new yorker wagon, 1960 dodge dart phoenix, and some other bizzaro virgil exner designs.

-
Back