If Nobody Else Does....

-
Rob, get them off of kibble if you can. It's nothing but carbohydrates and fillers. There are some good YouTube veterinarians who explain it well.

Clyde got his stitches out this morning. His incision looks good with no infection and he's recovering from his surgery really well.
Now the bad news. His biopsy came back and he is positive for polycystic liver disease and polycystic kidney disease. The doc said he will probably not live a full life for a cat, so we will enjoy and love Clyde as long as he is here. There's really not much in the way of treatment. There is some kidney diet food that will help and we plan to look into that.
Sorry to hear about this diagnosis, sounds like what happened to one of our dogs. Enjoy your time with Clyde and I wish him a long and healthy life. Our pets are such a blessing and a wonderful part of our lives.

We've been monitoring food content for a while.

There's a "guaranteed analysis" panel on the back that lists % content of protein and other things.
We've been paying attention to this since Mr Orange was diagnosed as diabetic.

Surprisingly some are as low as 3.5% but others can be over 10% protein.

Interestingly, substances not allowed to be marketed as a primary "food" can be over 70% protein, but are not technically able to "meet the nutritional needs of all cats".

Kidney issues, we haven't factored in yet, but I understand that phosphorus content is one of the main concerns.
Mr Orange is in early stage CKD, but is still testing inside the normal range.

Don't hold me to t, but I believe low protein is also recommended for CKD cats.

A diet for both will be challenging, to say the least.

I can't find the link to the food list right now, but here's a link to the CKD info page of the feline diabetes site I found.

Information on Diagnosis & Management of Feline Chronic Kidney Disease | Feline Diabetes Message Board - FDMB

We've been monitoring food content for a while.

There's a "guaranteed analysis" panel on the back that lists % content of protein and other things.
We've been paying attention to this since Mr Orange was diagnosed as diabetic.

Surprisingly some are as low as 3.5% but others can be over 10% protein.

Interestingly, substances not allowed to be marketed as a primary "food" can be over 70% protein, but are not technically able to "meet the nutritional needs of all cats".

Kidney issues, we haven't factored in yet, but I understand that phosphorus content is one of the main concerns.
Mr Orange is in early stage CKD, but is still testing inside the normal range.

Don't hold me to t, but I believe low protein is also recommended for CKD cats.

A diet for both will be challenging, to say the least.

I can't find the link to the food list right now, but here's a link to the CKD info page of the feline diabetes site I found.

Information on Diagnosis & Management of Feline Chronic Kidney Disease | Feline Diabetes Message Board - FDMB
Yup, that's what the doc said. Low protein.

1703974079493.jpeg

-
Back