If one more person...

-
the one that irritates me the most is "What's It do at the track"?

Every car has to go track or it isn't fast. Then you see the beater jap car they are driving and it's the only one they can possibly afford

The one that bothers me is, "How much do you want for it?". There is no "For Sale" sign anywhere near it, but they still ask. My standard answer now is, "make me an offer I can't refuse".

Jack

One of two things will appear at the bottom of the car's title, your signature or your brains.

Years ago, before I understood the idea of "investments" (and still don't!!!) a friend of my Dads bought an new 25th anniversary Corvette. He had it a couple? years and sold it

I asked him why he bought it if he didn't really want it

"Everything I have is for sale, 'cept for my wife, 'n you offer me 'nough money, we'll talk about her, too!!!!"

Mine is usually "Oh,,,my grandpa,(dad) had one of those."
Now that generally doesn't bother me, especially if it's someone waxing nostalgic. But then you get the jerk who say's something like "and his was a piece of **** too!"
Then I want throw a rock at their head.
Of course I get the dumb questions, why don't you do this, add that, whatever.

I had a guy at the gas station say,"Nice car. What is it?" I replied,"Thanks. it's a 64 Barracuda." He's still gawking as I fire it up, then he says, "l've got a friend who works on cars as a second job and he can help you to get it to run as good as it did when it was new." AND HE WAS SERIOUS!

That's funny half of them look under the hood on mine and point and say whats that.
I explain it is a carb the look on their face is priceless

Mine is a '70 with a '67 383 in it. I have "383" on the side of my hood scoops too. Anyways, about 4-5 times a week somebody will come up to me and say...are you ready for it....

"Damn! That really got a stroker init?"

Yeah, its got a stroker in it. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20140309_190528_resized.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 115
The one that bothers me is, "How much do you want for it?". There is no "For Sale" sign anywhere near it, but they still ask. My standard answer now is, "make me an offer I can't refuse".

Jack

That one bothers me too. Then they add, " I'll give you $1000 for it." Really?? Does it look like I only have $1000 into it? Thanks for the "compliment".

Mine is a '70 with a '67 383 in it. I have "383" on the side of my hood scoops too. Anyways, about 4-5 times a week somebody will come up to me and say...are you ready for it....

"Damn! That really got a stroker init?"

Yeah, its got a stroker in it. :rolleyes:

I get this one too.

"You have a Chevy engine in your Dodge?"

"Nope.. It's a Dodge engine."

"Dodge made a 383 too? They must have copied the design from Chevy."

I get this one too.

I firmly believe that 90% of the people are stupid! just look who they voted in, twice!!

If one more person asks me if I have owned my 1967 since new I will slug them. We are both 67 models, although it's hard to say which one has aged better. I have been asked this twice in the last month. Does that mean that people think I look at least 60.
OK theres mine what things do people say to you about your a-bodies that annoy you.

The most annoying thing people do to me when I have my Dart out is lie to me about what they had.

"What's that thing got in it? A HEMI?"

"No, it's a small block car."

"Yeah, I used to have a 440 HEMI 6 pack Dart just like yours! It ran 9's from the factory too!"

:violent1:

use this story as a gauge as to what caliber of intelligence and financial abilities of the general admission lookers that can be at a small mopar show/swap: back in the early 90's when these old cars could still be found sitting in many fields and under old sheds, if ya spent untold hours hunting leads and dealing with the "not for sale, gonna fix it someday folks",, i found a 70 cuda, great body for 20 yrs old, 383 car. project, the price of these old cars had fell after the first price drop of '91. had bunch of good parts there and very slow sales,,,, i had gotten bored and has sitting on fender of trailer, this cuda sittin on the trailer with a friend watch ing the crowd strool by. everyso often i would holler at them; " original 70 hemi cuda, no motor, asking $1000 anyone interested?????" they would holler back as they kept on walking: ' too high, no motor", i see a spot of rust on the qtr"," wrong color"." wrong color interior, i want white", "no thanks, i got a couple of 350 novas at home", " sorry, my wife told me NOT to bring anymore cars home", " i'll be back in few minutes and make ya an offer", " make a good bracket car" LOL the list goes on!! LOL
so here we are in 2014. i just have to wonder if i had that smae 383 cuda at that same show/ swap, having fun with the bunch of people, asking say $5000 ( inflation) if i'd get the same replies!!???????? LOL

One of the funniest ones I had went like this:

"Hey, man! What's that car got in it? Sounds like a big block!"

"Nah, it's 318 stroker motor. 390 cubic inches."

"No way, man. You can't bullshit me. That's a big block. I know a big block when I hear one."

I get this one too.

This is sad........I too get the "383" Chevy commentary on the block.. they say the same freakin' thing to me and then say about Mopar copying it from GM. I'm like NO, they DIDN'T copy it from Chevy. Then, they ask,...........so whats the difference? my reply? About 100 cubic inches... BIGGER!!!!! Chevy made a 283.......in the 50's that led all the way to the PRE-Vortec 350......The Mopar your looking at is a BIG BLOCK 383, not a 283........Talk about a pissed off guy walking away from me at about that time!!!!! :violent1:

Nice Duster nooooooooooooooooooooo itsssssssssssssssss a DART I say same thing the no it all says,to bad its not leaguel to punch them in the face .

Nice Duster nooooooooooooooooooooo itsssssssssssssssss a DART I say same thing the no it all says,to bad its not leaguel to punch them in the face .

LOL!!!

I had someone ask me if my Dart was a Newport. :banghead:

-
Back