If you are drag racing with EFI that learns....

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
...Once you get a decent tune programed in, TURN OFF LEARNING AND CLOSED LOOP !!
Finally got my Holley Sniper to run like a carburetor. In the past the learn mode would try to richen the mixture when the air temperature would go down after dark, causing me to run slower than my number and lose the round. The Holley gurus swore that this was not the case and that it must be something else causing my car to slow by 20 or even 30 numbers late at night and put me in the trailer. Well, this past weekend I turned that stuff off and now it runs the same number every time! And it runs a little faster as the night cools off, just like you would expect with a carb, so I was finally able to go some rounds at my local track. Now I just need to focus and become deadly consistent on the tree. Last Saturday's race in 100+ degree heat here in Texas my footbrake reaction times were .006, .01, .01 and .10 which put me in the trailer. Finally, it wasn't the car the messed up it was me and I can live with that! Now I can enjoy my hobby like I did when I ran a carb and would finish in the $$ enough times to call myself a decent racer.

...Once you get a decent tune programed in, TURN OFF LEARNING AND CLOSED LOOP !!
Finally got my Holley Sniper to run like a carburetor. In the past the learn mode would try to richen the mixture when the air temperature would go down after dark, causing me to run slower than my number and lose the round. The Holley gurus swore that this was not the case and that it must be something else causing my car to slow by 20 or even 30 numbers late at night and put me in the trailer. Well, this past weekend I turned that stuff off and now it runs the same number every time! And it runs a little faster as the night cools off, just like you would expect with a carb, so I was finally able to go some rounds at my local track. Now I just need to focus and become deadly consistent on the tree. Last Saturday's race in 100+ degree heat here in Texas my footbrake reaction times were .006, .01, .01 and .10 which put me in the trailer. Finally, it wasn't the car the messed up it was me and I can live with that! Now I can enjoy my hobby like I did when I ran a carb and would finish in the $$ enough times to call myself a decent racer.
Since I'm sorta poor I can't see myself ruining an efi set up, but I am happy that you got it figured out... you're pretty much smarter than Holley !!!

Running closed loop i got into some trouble also......mostly weird sensor stuff and damaged oxygen sensors. I now run open loop all the time, car is totally consistent, EFI working good.

Michael

-
Back