If you can’t buy it....MAKE IT!!

-
Thanks, 67Dart. I certainly was not intent on making one, I simply thought that I was out of options. Once diymirage stepped in with that part, I went to the parts store and tried again. With this extra bit of info, they were able to send me to the local speed shop (I dunno why I didn't think of that) who had what I needed.

You're absolutely right. While I understand that you're not directing the comment at me specifically, I'll use myself as an example. I used to be a member of the 'Teflon on everything that has threads' camp, simply out of ignorance. More is better, right? A little Teflon as insurance, right? But the more experience I get, the more people I talk to who actually know the correct way to do things, the more I learn. This is when it's important to keep an open mind when someone is trying to give advice, because just maybe I'm wrong and they're right.

the crazy thing is I’ve even heard plumbers say they use it as “insurance,” but if you took the actual sealing mechanism out of a flared, o-ring or compression fitting the Teflon tape would probably work just about 0% of the time. Personally, I’d rather not have the Teflon in there potentially holding back a small leak for the short time I’m looking at it.

-
Back