If you got a ticket from a red light camera, this is an innovative way to pay

-
Pretty cool actually. Glad to see the cops there had a sense of humor...somewhat.

Glenn

try paying a $300 fine with nickles & dimes. They don't like that either. Thought I was going to jail over that.

try paying a $300 fine with nickles & dimes. They don't like that either. Thought I was going to jail over that.

Funny....last time I checked nickles and dimes were still legal currency right? They should be glad they're getting paid....

I paid a parking ticket once with pennies and stuffed it in an envelope and put in the "courtesy" pay box.

Shop next to my buddies had an unhappy customer come in with $1100 worth of rolled pennies. Guy ended up being somebody from the Post Office I worked at....

Most people that pull this kind of thing are just plain lucky. Most city clerks would call security and have you tossed out on your ***. Along with your tons of pennies, etc, of course.

I'm not sure this "legal currency" thing holds much water, anymore, either. There are LOTS of places that won't take cash (hotels, etc) and for the life of me I don't understand how that is legal.

Most people that pull this kind of thing are just plain lucky. Most city clerks would call security and have you tossed out on your ***. Along with your tons of pennies, etc, of course.

I'm not sure this "legal currency" thing holds much water, anymore, either. There are LOTS of places that won't take cash (hotels, etc) and for the life of me I don't understand how that is legal.

They throw me out trying to pay with coins, I just get the local TV station investigative reporter involved....if they accept "cash" and refuse my coins, I'll go up the ladder and make all the noise I Can on the way!!1

FF

Told me that their bank charged a fee to take rolled coin.
When I protested, the chief of police came out of his office, basically told me to leave or I would be charged with trespass. Public building during normal hours and I'm trespassing. Go figure.

Move to Michigan, we got no red light - speed cameras, no car pool lanes, no dui check points - the police need to see you break a traffic law or have a good reason to pull your car over and check you out, dui road blocks the state supreme court threw out years ago...now true, they can just say they seen your car drift side the side and pull you over but stopping every car on the road is illegal and never happens in Mich

Now if we could just get some good paying jobs up here, lol

Told me that their bank charged a fee to take rolled coin.
When I protested, the chief of police came out of his office, basically told me to leave or I would be charged with trespass. Public building during normal hours and I'm trespassing. Go figure.

Its a public business but everybody doesn't have a right to protest the businesses rules. Coins are heavy and take longer to count and the right wing courts have gave businesses the upper hand over the last 30 years or so. Workers have less rights and so do customers

I think everyone remembers Rusty wallace's armoured car full of pennys(unrolled in bags I think) to pay a fine he didnt agree with.

And I bet if you were paid on Friday by your boss with pennys, you wouldn't think it was to funny?

I think the law is that if they aren't rolled, they don't have to accept them (or, at least, more than the amount that are in a roll- in other words, they'd have to accept 49 loose pennies, but don't have to accept 50).

And I bet if you were paid on Friday by your boss with pennys, you wouldn't think it was to funny?
As long as he counted em while I watched, it would be okay. Money is money, and in my opinion, any person or business who accepts cash should be willing to accept it however it comes. And if they accept cash but refuse payment just because the money is folded, the bill is no longer owed.

-
Back