If you had the choice which would you choose?

Overdrive options

• Total voters
-
If money is no object, I'd go with the new Passon 5 speed (whenever it's available) if you want a manual trans, and a built A500 if you want the automatic. I'd rather not cut my car and I like simple conversions.

Go take a look at the tranny that in the challenger (srt8 model, 6 speed).

I've heard talk of the Passon being priced around $4200.00. Still pricey but considering the prices of the other transmissions it might be well worth it.

According to the various articles I've read, they are claiming a solid 650 ft/lbs rating, and they consider it to be very conservative. If you look at the pictures of the Passon 5 speed you can see that the gears are much larger than the A833 and the bearing surfaces are larger as well. So I think the 650 rating is probably accurate.

The best part of the Passon unit is that it requires NO hacking of the floor. If you've followed any of the build threads regarding the T-56 you'll notice that it requires fairly significant surgery. Now for someone like me with a slant six car with little value, cutting the floor isn't a big deal, but original 340 Cars or 383 cars it would be a crime to hack the floor.

As far as the TKO 600, I don't think it will actually hold up to 600 ft/lbs AND sticky drag radials that actually hook. I've read numerous stories of exploded TKO 500 and TKO 600.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

A T-56 from a Camaro which can be found reasonably and by changing the input shaft for a Viper works on the LA small blocks. No one hacks floors, what is done can look fairly stock to anyone's eye

Most floors are covered with a rug, even if you did a **** job you won't see it...

However i use the GV, you'll get more use of it and gearing options, and it will work with what's already in the car.
If you road race you'll find it gives plenty of gear options, if you drag race you'll find it to be helpful there also utilizing it between gears.

-
Back