If you had xray vision!

-
Just another victim of buying off of ebay sight unseen. Live 1500 kms away from where I bought the car. It's my own fault for not having car checked out. Not so much fact that it has a spun bearing, but that all so called engine modifacations or parts wern't in the motor either. Nothing really salvagable, its' a complete rebuild from scratch. Just trying to find a decent rebuildable 340/360. This is the toughest part,pickens real slim around here.

Well the motor issue sucks, I am gonna guess you paid enough that the last thing you'd expect was to have to rebuild your motor, sorry bout that, you still have a very nice looking car for whatever that is worth to you. good luck with the rebuild.

Thanks for the support ,Dads a veteran engine builder so the flipside is this thing will be even better than i'ld hoped for. Still a good buy even with the sour motor . Just getting harder and harder to take anything at face value.

First pix were scary, looks like you are making progress though....

Everything goes slower than you want, but it looks like it's starting to come together. Hopefully will have all stuff back from machine shop this week. All the shops are busy this time of year. Thanks for the positive feed back.

car looks pretty dame nice besides that
whats the specs?? 727 trans what stall and whats the motor gonna be when done
looking at buying a stall and thats a twin to my car so free input is the best kind

car looks pretty dame nice besides that
whats the specs?? 727 trans what stall and whats the motor gonna be when done
looking at buying a stall and thats a twin to my car so free input is the best kind
It's going to be a 727,haven't sorted out all the specs with the trans guy yet. It's an open rear end with 323's. Motor be around 300hp at the rear wheels, bonus being it'll run on mid grade pump gas!

Here's a couple more pics. Almost seems a shame to paint that block after all the deburring that's been done on it.

Did you file any action with ebay? Don't they have some sort of $50,000.00 guarantee?

Did you file any action with ebay? Don't they have some sort of $50,000.00 guarantee?
Problem is you only have a certain time frame to do this in, I was outside that window. The seller knew more about ebay than i did. Ebay suggests trying to resolve the issue amoungst yourselves before filing a complaint. Seller kept leading me on until it was to late. Said he would make it right one way or another . then once time was up flipped the tables and said I must have blown the motor. Like I said to all members on here if buying off ebay beware of a guy called chargergysm!

Here's a couple of shots of the heads after the new seats were installed and the intakes opened up for the larger valves. Check out the cc numbers from head to head ,pretty deadly.

You do good work but I'm surprised you're not polishing the chambers? Maybe later on? I wish I had an engine to work on right now...

You do good work but I'm surprised you're not polishing the chambers? Maybe later on? I wish I had an engine to work on right now...
Don't want to lose the cc's. We're around 9:1 now. Going to do some pocket porting and port matching to the mani.

-
Back