If you were told it looked like you only had a couple years to live..........

-

dodgetkboy78

EDELBROCK HEADS SUCK!
Reaction score
What would you do with the rest of your life? Family time? Work on a project? Curious what would be on some of your bucket lists, and how you think you would take that kind of news.

I would have to continue what I'm doing every day...doing what it takes to make sure my family is safe, secure, and setup in case something happens to me. Yea, I would sell a couple things to pad the nest egg for them, but I would have to leave the things they know I love for them to enjoy in memory of me. I can't do anything other than that, my wife and kids mean everything to me!!! Geof

***** myself out and sell everything (cars, guns, lps, basically anything I don't need) to make lots of money to pay everything off then hop in my dart with my girl and start driving.

If you would require a lifestyle change just because you realized you had a set amount of time left, maybe you weren't living right in the first place, before you knew how much time you had left? My opinion.

I'd probably sell off all of my cars and parts and pay off as much debt as possible so my wife wouldn't have to deal with either after I croaked.

If you would require a lifestyle change just because you realized you had a set amount of time left, maybe you weren't living right in the first place, before you knew how much time you had left? My opinion.

I try to live every day like it could be my last, I defiantly wouldn't be changing my life style at all, basically just clean up all my loose ends and then go explore, something I already do just to a slightly lesser degree because of responsibilities.

Honestly.... life is a journey, not a destination.....first question would be how much suffering? once that is pretty much established along with a good course of drugs (depending) I would seek to do things that brought me peace and enjoyment likely visiting the people I love and prolly tinkering on some car...I certainly would NOT be counting days or paying much attention to time. Kinda of a lame "bucket list" but then the people in my life are whats most important to me, I don't really give two ***** about Mt Everest or Easter Island stuff

I cannot say because the secret service might pay me a visit.

friend of mine was given 6 months to live. I bought his house with the understanding that he could live in it for the rest of his life. After a month of conversation I said Jerry, if had your dilemma and that much money in cash I'd go south and live it up. He moved to San Diego where he was raised and after his new doctor told him the doctors here were quacks and he had a great life in front of him, he stayed there and now its been 4 years and he tells me he feels great.

I try to live every day like it could be my last, I defiantly wouldn't be changing my life style at all, basically just clean up all my loose ends and then go explore, something I already do just to a slightly lesser degree because of responsibilities.

Good call. I didn't mean for my comment to be directed at your comment or anyone else's. Just my observation.

make sure my daughters had everything that i could possibly give them for their future, and i would make sure i was right with god. oh, and i sure wouldnt be dieting which means to me , no more light beer, only the good stuff.

First off I would have get some further opinions about my condition. I would do a lot of my own research and consult with other people about ways to cure myself or treat whatever it was.

If I really thought death was unavoidable I would tell my immediate family because we have never kept anything from one another. I would consult a lawyer and most likely cash out my 401k. I don't have a spouse or children to consider.

I would go skydiving at least one more time.

I would travel around and visit all my family, have parties, listen and play music, eat, drink, laugh, have long talks, go for drives, go sailing, sit around campfires. Figure out who would take care of Goldie. Try my best to make my peace with God. If I started to lose my energy I would rent a house on the beach and have my family come stay. If it got to the point where I had absolutely no quality of life left I would take a handful of pills and nod off for good.

You asked!:toothy2:

Keep things as is :happy2::happy2:and enjoy some travel time to keep me happy and enjoy living on the road.
I have my wife and children in a better place to carry on in life :rambo::toothy2:
And they would agree to that, And my wife could use a brake and make the trip with me, maybe :poke: Just joking hun we need to get away ;-)
I want to see some country again and do a 100 day round trip to meat all my family here. Heck I haven't even seen the ocean in over 35 years.
To see what Canada and the east coast looks like while I am there.
Hit the west coast line..

A Doctor could not make me feel any different then I do today to a point...

I could be gone tomorrow like anyone on this site. JMO. True though :cheese:

First off I would have get some further opinions about my condition. I would do a lot of my own research and consult with other people about ways to cure myself or treat whatever it was.

If I really thought death was unavoidable I would tell my immediate family because we have never kept anything from one another. I would consult a lawyer and most likely cash out my 401k. I don't have a spouse or children to consider.

I would go skydiving at least one more time.

I would travel around and visit all my family, have parties, listen and play music, eat, drink, laugh, have long talks, go for drives, go sailing, sit around campfires. Figure out who would take care of Goldie. Try my best to make my peace with God. If I started to lose my energy I would rent a house on the beach and have my family come stay. If it got to the point where I had absolutely no quality of life left I would take a handful of pills and nod off for good.

You asked!:toothy2:

Hit the nail on the head there goldfish :thumleft:

Keep things as is :happy2::happy2:and enjoy some travel time to keep me happy and enjoy living on the road.
I have my wife and children in a better place to carry on in life :rambo::toothy2:
And they would agree to that, And my wife could use a brake and make the trip with me, maybe :poke: Just joking hun we need to get away ;-)
I want to see some country again and do a 100 day round trip to meat all my family here. Heck I haven't even seen the ocean in over 35 years.
To see what Canada and the east coast looks like while I am there.
Hit the west coast line..

A Doctor could not make me feel any different then I do today to a point...

I could be gone tomorrow like anyone on this site. JMO. True though :cheese:

"Heck I haven't even seen the ocean in over 35 years."
????????????????????????????????????????????????
that is way to long, dont wait until it is to late!

I would tell my family and especially have a sit down and try as best to explain to my 13 year old daughter about what is happening. She would be DEVESTATED if this were to happen. I would make sure that my church family knows also so they can be there for my wife and children and grandchildren. I would sell anything I would not need after I was gone to try to give my wife more capital to go on with. I would request to be creamated to save money on burial expenses. I would just try as hard as I can to make it as easy on my wife and children and grandkids so they can go on. And let them know not to weep for me when I die, but to celebrate the life I have been blessed to live with them. Having died on the operating table 3X in 2004, I am blessed to be able to wake up every day and enjoy another day. God is good.

-
Back