If your into video games, check this out!

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
Not sure how many folks here get into video games, but I know we have a pretty good amount of younger people on here too that might get a kick out of this.

back in the early to mid 90's I remember playing the game driver on my playstation.....which back then was pretty neat.

BUT for 2010 they totally revamped the game AND the star of the game is a Challenger R/T ! so I thought that was pretty neat and figured I would share it with everyone.

Here is a teaser trailer of the game
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd7ar2WoNR8"]YouTube - Driver: San Francisco - E3 2010: Live Action Debut Trailer | HD[/ame]

Thats cool!I want to finally someday see a Duster in a video game.I get tired of only having Mustangs,Corvettes,and Chevelles to choose from.

I remember this game it was great back then can't wait for this new one!

I loved driver, that seems like a long time ago. Havent really played in years but keep thinkin I might again. This is a pretty good reason.

I remember that game! Wow has it been that long? Nice to see a mopar as the feature car, I did notice the shot of the shifter in the video lol its the mustangs shifter.

I did notice the shot of the shifter in the video lol its the mustangs shifter.

I noticed that, too. I guess it was what, 12 years ago? I used to try to duplicate some of the scenes from "Bullitt" with that game. It had a the ability record your run and play it back in cinematic mode. That was awesome. Some funky '70's music in there, too.

This and GT5 are on my Christmas wish list.

yeah back in the day the "star" was the mustang.

that video I posted kind of shows the transition from old to new .

when I am not working on the duster and I find some free time I play some playstation 3 from time to time, mostly driving games and shooting games.

driver was definitely a cool game back then.....(don't seem like it was that long ago already, it has been about 15 years ago now ) but this new one should be pretty cool

Just got GT5 last week, great game, I'm hooked... again !

I havent played it.

normally I like driving games that have old cars in them.....not to much of a fan of games that are all tuner cars and exotic cars.

I like the game need for speed pro street because there was a good variety of new cars and old school muscle and you could fully customize your car and drag race it.

I havent played it.

normally I like driving games that have old cars in them.....not to much of a fan of games that are all tuner cars and exotic cars.

I like the game need for speed pro street because there was a good variety of new cars and old school muscle and you could fully customize your car and drag race it.

I thought GT5 has old and new cars in it? Most of the other ones had a few older cars in them...I was thinking the new one had even more.

I have no clue as I have yet to play it.

but yes alot of the older GT games has some old cars in them.....but then again some of them have not.

found a link to all the cars featured in the new grand turismo 5 game!

luckily there are a few mopars to choose from!.....sadly no a-bodies.

over 1000 cars to choose from!!!!

more than a fair share of BMW's and hondas and mitsubishi's and so on.

here is a link to the website with the list of cars for those interested
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-official-car-list/

Haha, I spent a lot of time as a kid playing Driver... I still remember getting bored with the game and activating the "Superfast Cars" cheat so I could do mad wheelies with the Thunderbird and go 200+ MPH. Then I figured out you could jump hundreds of feet in the air by ramming another car while doing a wheelie....LOL

I was psyched for GT5 but it seems to have even less Mopars than GT4, and this might just be me but the engine noises BLOW A$$ in the GT series; I could make better noises with my mouth! I wish the Forza Motorsport series was available for PS3, or at least PC even...

I got GT5 last Friday and have played the crap out of it. I have an In-Violet Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack ‘71. I tried racing it in the first Muscle Car race, but it was quite a bit slower than the other cars in stock condition, so I switched over to my upgraded '63 Vette and whipped their a$$es :)

The V8 cars sound a little better than they have in previous versions, but I think they still could have done more with them.

Overall it's a great game, but I can definitely see where a steering wheel controller would make things even better. I just don't think I'm ready for that $100+ investment for a good one.

Is GT5 really that good. Normally I could never get hooked especially now. Id rather go in my own car and bang out gears then do it on a game. But if its that good. Maybe Ill rent it and play on my new bigscreen :)

I used to play those games.. But as mentioned there generally arent a lot of nice mopars offered up in those games.

I've never seen an A body in a video game.

Now Im just working on my Dart,dont play the games anymore.

No one has Forza? Didn't see any a-bodies on that list but Forza has one :p haha, anyone on XBOX?

That game was great as a kid. Maybe ill pick this one up.

No one has Forza? Didn't see any a-bodies on that list but Forza has one :p haha, anyone on XBOX?

I love forza, lots of great cars and the actual car dynamics are the closest to real life of any game i have played. I have forza 2 and 3 haven't played lately, Ive just been too busy. Everyone seems so excited about GT5 but from what i hear about the game, it sounds like its not that amazing. Im glad i went with the xbox 360 and not a ps3.

I chose a PS3 because of the Blu-Ray and the better hardware...I've always been a PS guy. Xbox has a better "community" and probably better game selection, but those characteristics aren't as important to me.

Besides, I figured Bill Gates was getting enough of my money already :)

Driver 3 was hyped to the max and I bought it when it came out but it SUCKED. I'm definitely going to wait for this new one to be out for a while before trying it to hear what people think.

I chose a PS3 because of the Blu-Ray and the better hardware...I've always been a PS guy. Xbox has a better "community" and probably better game selection, but those characteristics aren't as important to me.

Besides, I figured Bill Gates was getting enough of my money already :)

same here.....xbox has some cool features and a few games I wouldnt mind playing that ps3 does not offer and PS3 is a bit more expensive but its actually the better system.

one of the reason being is that the blu ray drive has a single layer blu ray lens which allows it to play video game discs with over 25GB of game content..... where as the xbox 360 only has a double layer dvd drive which only allows it to play game discs with a max of 8.25GB of content I believe it is.

so you are talking around 16GB more graphics,detail,sound and other stuff....it does not mean the game content is any different or that a ps3 game is longer than an xbox game....it just means that on the PS3 they have more freedom to put more back ground details in the game and to perfect graphics and sound effects and stuff.

how ever...that will all change soon. when the xbox 720 (or whatever they end up calling it) comes out its said that it will have ATLEAST a blu ray drive in it......but there has also been talk that the new playstation and xbox consoles will not be disc based console and that games will come on USB jump drives. what this would mean is an almost endless storage capacity for game content,better graphics and sound that could fully utilize the potential of the system itself. and minimal to NO loading times. and also what would be a huge factor is it would increase the longevity of the systems being that there is really no mechanical internals......no spinning disc and motorized trays means no moving parts to wear out.

anyhow, sorry for rambling on LOL

Is that some crazy body work at 0:39? Looks like he scraped a piller and beat it out with a hammer..or is that the reflection of the ceiling? Pretty cool.

Games on USB jump drives? Hello Piracy! Hard to dup a CD/DVD that is written "backwards" and has a lead in that is not readable on a standard DVD player/Burner (Wii) but if it is already on a flash based memory carrier, there will be minimal time that an adapter wont be available to read and convert a standard HCSD chip to a legit game. Bring it on. With mnore cloud based computing, I envision a "dumb" and cheaper terminal like console, where all games are server stored on your account and youll have to "VPN" in to play tour games. No lost/damaged discs, play from any console (w/MAC authentication to prevent password sharing) and no soft second hand market for old games. Now that would be scary...

-
Back