Ignition Fuse blows

-

girl1964

Reaction score
Ignition Fuse blows, but still cranks & runs. A/C will stop blowing cold. Replace fuse & A/C blows cold. I can drive 2 days or 10 mins. I think when i hit a bump it blows it & A/C don't work. Any Idea's ?

sounds like a loose/frayed wire somewhere grounding out and you're getting no resistance resulting in a blown fuse. time to trace wires

Factory Mopars don't have an "ignition fuse" What does the label say? What all stops working? How large is the fuse?

One REAL popular cause of blown fuses is the fuse holder itself. The clips get loose, and that generates HEAT and causes the fuse to heat up and blow.

In my Black Box under the hood, where my relays are, under the cover is a Diagram on what each Rely & Fues's are. 15a Fuse in that spot is Ignition. I changed all the Relay's & Fuse's in there. It also will blow instantly

................................In my Black Box under the hood,.....................................................................................................................................................

Suddenly the "we need more information" lamp comes on.

WTF are we working on, here?

Sounds like the box in the engine compartment of my 99 ram were all the relays and such are. And yes it sounds like some sort of short.

Just the Ignition fuse blows. I just changed the relay's and fues to elimanate. Seemed to me that all the problems i've been haveing, relates to the relay's in the Black Box. A/C, Starter, Cooling fan, Fuel Pump, & Auto Shut down

-
Back