Ignition key light won't turn off

-

somewhereinthecity

Reaction score
I just recently added an ignition key light along with the other Light Group options to my 1972 Dart sedan. The ignition key light is supposed to turn off after thirty seconds or so, but it is staying on. Anyone have any thought as to why?

Thanks,

Jeff in Baltimore

The delay is likely stuck I believe it's cylindrical about 1/2 the diameter of a flasher unit

Since you added it it might be wired wrong, etc. This is tied into the left side door switch which is three terminal. I would download the 72/ 73 shop manuals (free) from MyMopar.com. Some of those manuals are there because of guys here This is an excerpt from page 8-78 of the 72 manual Also see page 8-148.......From there go down to bottom left of page 8-150, and find the half moon shaped lamps accessory connector, with two yellow conductors

buzzer.jpg

Since you added it it might be wired wrong, etc. This is tied into the left side door switch which is three terminal. I would download the 72/ 73 shop manuals (free) from MyMopar.com. Some of those manuals are there because of guys here This is an excerpt from page 8-78 of the 72 manual Also see page 8-148.......From there go down to bottom left of page 8-150, and find the half moon shaped lamps accessory connector, with two yellow conductors

View attachment 1715061575
OK, thanks!!

-
Back