Not open for further replies.

halifaxhops

It's going to get stupid around here!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Contact seller
All nors, no idea of the application asking $45 and the ride each. Think a few are nos Mopar cant be positive though.

DSC00192.JPG
DSC00193.JPG
DSC00194.JPG
DSC00195.JPG

Nothing, thats why I listedn them that way. There is a 67-68 on e bay right now Steve.

I just get them with other stuff these were in a bag, prob can ID them but takes alot of time.

All nors, no idea of the application asking $45 and the ride each. Think a few are nos Mopar cant be positive though.

View attachment 1715715607 View attachment 1715715608 View attachment 1715715609 View attachment 1715715610

Just my observations....#'s 1, 2, and 4 look to be the '72-up standard column ignition lock cylinder. #5 looks like a later tilt column lock cylinder. #'s 3, 6, and 7 are ignition switches for the '68 and older models. They make some with and without a ground terminal, some with and without the lugs for locking in the wiring plug, and there are some with a different location for a slot or lug that orients the switch location and keeps it from rotating. #3 looks to have the slot, and it looks to be at the bottom of the switch once mounted. I can't tell from your photos if #'s 6 and 7 have a lock cylinder (like #3) or not.

Thats what I was thinking also, except they are loose and I cant be positive. The ones with keys you can see the keys. Thanks Cudamark!

Im looking for an ignition, I have a 67 barracuda. Is mine a one year? I ask because I see "68 and up"

thanks

Hi steve. I'm pretty much well versed in 67-69 ignition switches. 69 being a 1 year only bastard child. As far as the rest, if they have part numbers then run a google search. Google makes everyone an expert nowadays

Yup, these switches can be confusing sometimes. The assembly line switches were sometimes different than the replacement ones. Most '66 models came with a 2097628 from the factory (which has five connectors on the back), but, some models came with the 2497158 which has six connectors and will replace the earlier one as a replacement part. That's the one listed in the factory parts book. '67 used that same 2497158 switch. Both those early switches used a nub cast into the bottom of the housing to center and lock the switch from turning. In '68 they went to the 2864258 switch which has a slot in the bottom of the housing that was used to lock the switch in place. '69 went to the large diameter switch 2864463 part number and will only fit the '69 dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back