Ignition switch differences 67-69

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
What's the part # on switch? 67 and 68 cuda are one year only each as well.
Thanks
Steve
Steve, I would beg to differ, Its at least the same switch for everything Chrysler made starting from at least 1960 and ending in 1968. No special switches for barracuda these years. Its all the same switch. My standard motor catalog shows pn# US50 from 1960 - 1968 As such you can find em all over the internet new without lock cylinder for about $10-$15

The 1969 switch this gentleman needs is the oddball one only used one year. I have a good 69 switch, and a spare for my sons car,. However if i didnt, i would be looking into that classic industries conversion kit to use the cheaper more plentiful earlier switch. Unless its got to be factory correct, who cares if the earlier switch is used in a 69 app w an adaptor.

Always wondered why that changed that up for one year before going to locking columns in 1970.. i mean the engineers knew what was coming for 1970 at least a year or 2 in advance right. You would think the bean counters would have just said lets keep the same switch we have been using until the locking column changeover. Less retooling, etc

I respect your opinion Matt but I had 3 ign switches(67-9) and they are all different. I do have a 67 and a 69 switch. The 68 I had I gave away. All 3 were different part #'s as well.

OP good luck with sale.
Steve, I would beg to differ, Its at least the same switch for everything Chrysler made starting from at least 1960 and ending in 1968. No special switches for barracuda these years. Its all the same switch. My standard motor catalog shows pn# US50 from 1960 - 1968 As such you can find em all over the internet new without lock cylinder for about $10-$15

The 1969 switch this gentleman needs is the oddball one only used one year. I have a good 69 switch, and a spare for my sons car,. However if i didnt, i would be looking into that classic industries conversion kit to use the cheaper more plentiful earlier switch. Unless its got to be factory correct, who cares if the earlier switch is used in a 69 app w an adaptor.

Always wondered why that changed that up for one year before going to locking columns in 1970.. i mean the engineers knew what was coming for 1970 at least a year or 2 in advance right. You would think the bean counters would have just said lets keep the same switch we have been using until the locking column changeover. Less retooling, etc

Last edited:
Must have been factory mopar part numbers then.

If the pinout on the switch was different, internal circuit etc, then standard would have had different part numbers. I dont have a standard motor PN for the 69 only switch.

Anybody see the adaptor from classic?

Here is a 67 switch with ign bezel. I don't see part #'s on switch.
Then I took a pic of it with a 69 ignition cover. Switch housing is way too small for 69 cover. I'm sure mods can be done to make it work, but the housings aren't a direct swap.
I'm still looking for my 69 ign switch.

20180125_113511.jpg

20180125_113545.jpg

20180125_113605.jpg

Thanks for picking this discussion up here. I tried my darnedest to move the posts from the sale thread here but I couldn't get it done.

Lol no problem Mike. I was wondering what happened.
Now in pi$$ed i can't find my 69 switch.
:BangHead:
I was going to take some photos of my 66 switch just for comparison but it is buried in the basement. :thumbsup:

Since I’m the OP on the other thread I thought I would post a side by side of the two... the one on the right is supposed to be for a 69’ or at least that’s what I paid for AGAIN! Lol the other remaining pics are of the 69 switch only

29761B6E-209C-40F9-9934-B78F099BA52B.jpeg

D7DFE42B-4B1C-4344-AB05-4F5131EC98EB.jpeg

AA3645CD-55AE-495D-95A6-24FBE44C5A5B.jpeg

I have one of those chrome bezels in really nice shape if someone needs one. May be NOS....

The one in the first 2 pics.. I guess its for a 67. It was in a box of NOS crap I've had for decades. I have a switch for it as well.

Just my two cents, The 67 has a chrome bezel, The 68 has a painted bezel and the 69 has no bezel. All installed this way in the several cars I have stripped. The 69 ignition switch is a different size than 67/68.

-
Back