Ignition Switch Problem

-

moparspares

Reaction score
I recently had the column out of my Duster. I put it all back together fine however now the igntion lock wont turn back to the off and accessories position.

Its strange beacuse I never took any of the lock mech out. I have now removed lock cylinder and it moves freely so there is something in the column preventing it from turning back.

Any ideas?

What year is it? In other words, did it have the manual trans "reverse" column lock?

Was it an auto column?

If it's an auto trans on the column the linkage is probably keeping it from going fully into the park position and releasing the key switch.

If it got converted to the floor and the old column housing is there, turn it clockwise all the way and see if that does it.

What year is it? In other words, did it have the manual trans "reverse" column lock?

Was it an auto column?

Thanks 67Dart273. I thought I had the column shoved right up into the park position but obviously not. I had made a bracket to mount my Tach on the Shifter nub and must have moved it slightly. I have moved the shifter to a B&M on the floor.

-
Back