Ignition switch stuck

-

87bluebird

Reaction score
Pulled my dart out of the barn today to wash her up so I can get ready to start working on it finally. I know the ignition switch worked and I could steer it when I put it in the barn 2.5 years ago but now i can't get the key to turn at all. Any ideas how to break it loose?

1. Are you sure it is the correct key?
  2. Turn the wheel back and forth while turning the key
  3. Is it in park / neutral

That's all I got

Figured it out my dumb but had the key upside down forgot this car the keys go in teeth up..
After washing it I noticed water dripping behind the dash onto the passenger side floor any ideas what can cause that

Wiper seals as mentioned and possibly windshield gasket. What year dart?
Figured it out my dumb but had the key upside down forgot this car the keys go in teeth up..
After washing it I noticed water dripping behind the dash onto the passenger side floor any ideas what can cause that

Probably not heater core. This car has sat for several years with no motor or trans or radiator and from what I understand has been just sitting in each owners garage for a couple of years then getting passed onto the next. Last registered owner is a guy I went to high school with couple grades ahead of me and he sold back in 2010 or 11. Also if you Google image search 76 dodge dart sport lite a sale ad from couple owners before me pops up with pictures of my car and funny part of that is that guy is couple houses down from my dad's where I have been keeping the car in the barn. Found that out after I bought it lol it was a hour away when I bought it. A few months after buying it 2 and a half years ago I hit some financial problems and am just now finally getting things back to a point where I can work on the car. Today is first time I have pulled it out and looked at it in 2 years hoping to start restoring it this winter. Figured getting 2 years of dust off was a good starting point
IMG_20191005_182132_339.jpg

Any chance the cowl is not draining properly and overflowed into the cowl vevts?

But my bet is wiper or wind shield gasket.

A way to find it is to run a hose at but only at, the suspect location and have some one look under dash for leak.

You might pull the glove box liner to see more than looking from underneath.

-
Back