Ignition switch

-

RoG

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 1975 dodge dart V8. I am replacing the ignition switch and the one I bought at Classic Industries has a 5th wire ( black ) placed in a wrong location. The wire going to the column shift indicator is supposed to be in that location. What should I do, buy another ignition switch (with good wiring if such an ignition switch does exist) or remove that black wire from this place and connect the column shift indicator? Then what should I do with that black wire?
Any idea?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi all,

I am all new on this forum and I don't know if the question has already been answered.
I have a 1975 Dodge Dart Swinger V8. I am replacing the Ignition Switch.
The one I bought at Classic Industries has a 5th wire ( black ) placed in a wrong location in its harness connector. The wire going to the column shift indicator is supposed to be in that location.
What should I do, buy a new Ignition switch with good connections if it does exist? or
Remove the black wire to put the column shift indicator at that location? Then what should I do with the black wire? what is his function?

Thank you in advance for your help!

seen this before. You have 2 options, Figure out which wire is which and connect, dead end the extra wire, and put the shift indicator wire together where it belongs or completely outside the factory connector. Return the switch you've purchased ( Advance Auto is my guess ) and try another source. The proper 4 wire switch is available.

Thanks a ton for your help RedFish!
I finally disconnected the black extra wire and put the shift indicator wire at this place.

-
Back