Im a Fuc#ing Thickhead!!

-
Well :coffee2: You know what they say :glasses7: If you don't make mistakes your not doing anything :glasses7:

Well :coffee2: You know what they say :glasses7: If you don't make mistakes your not doing anything :glasses7:
Exactly.....hope the OP can get it sorted out. New 340 break-in coming soon here, so keep an eye out for some stories from this neck of the woods!

Thanks for sharing your stuff ups, makes me feel a little better. Hopefully my saving grace is I turned it off quickly. Worse case will be a pump and pump gears but I will see soon I suppose.

Every now ant then you have to insult/laugh at yourself and move on....

Everyone makes mistakes, it's good not to take yourself too seriously :)

One time I re-wired a brake light circuit from the fuse box on back. The fuse was blown.

I filled up with trans fluid and fired it back up. Quiet as a mouse and runs through the gears fine however started pissing fluid from front of the box so I assume I fried the pump seal. Will have to pull box and check it out.

Like I always say when I screw up:
"What fun is being stupid if you don't get to show it off once in a while!"

I recently had this '68 Buick Skylark, Buick 350 in it. Previous owner took out points and installed MSD. He spliced power and ground together, creating a dead short. He also managed to run a lead from that dead short to the alternator, frying the voltage reg and one of the diodes. Well, I found out when it wouldn't fire up one night in town. Of course my wife was with me, not impressed. So I cursed the previous owner thinking, "What an idiot!"
I pulled the MSD out and pulled out the distributor to install an HEI. Seemed easier doing it out of the car. Turns out those old Buicks aren't quite like a Mopar... In a Mopar, if you don't seat the distributor far enough the shaft won't lock in and the rotor will spin freely, not allowing the engine to run. However in a Buick, you can seat the distributor and it'll run, but the distributor shaft won't necessarily be seated in the oil pump drive..... See where I'm going with this?
Well it started to make a real loud racket.. CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK.. All through town. Luckily a well educated friend of mine figured it out right away. Caught it just in time, properly seated it and off it went. No more noise, and luckily for me, no engine problems.

D'oh.

Your not human if you don't have a story like this in your life time. Years ago I built a Q code 4bl 351 Cleveland for my 72 Ranchero. Fired it up broke it in, everything was great! But no rear wheel drive? Checked the fluid in the FMX, still no drive in any gear. I built another spare FMX trans I had and when I started to remove the one in the car, I had to move the torque converter out of my way to slide under the car! Yup, I left the damn thing out! **** happens, you will laugh about it later in life.

-
Back