I'm...BAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCK!

-

Asktoro

Reaction score
School, done.
Get employed, done. I work at home depot so I'm in tool heaven.
Space to work on car, looking.
71-72 duster candidate, looking.

You live nearby and need help with a project or have a duster that you need to hock to fund other projects? Let me know!

Welcome back Asktoro, nice to hear from you again. Sounds like you're working right through your to-do list and are in a great position right now!! No better time than to think Mopar!! Good luck on the search!! geof

Yeppers! So far I've only found one vehicle but no title, and some BD (body damage) and rust for $800... and no motor =/ said parts come with it Feel I could get a better shell without motor for $500 if I look in the proper places. My sister lives out in stevie with 10 acres of property so I do have a place to work, just not ideal. I'll either start on the motor, or the car first, depends on which I manage to get my mitts on.

Welcome back!!

When I lived in Victor in 2006 there was a car shop that restored cars just North of there a little bit. One time driving by they had a 64 Dart 2dr sitting out there for around $1500 if I remember right. Also had a 70 Challenger sitting in the shop and a 64 El Camino out in the lot for sale.
Not sure if they're still there but might be a good start. They'd be on the left side of the highway if you head south from Missoula on 93. Think they were between Stevensville and Victor. Or maybe between Florence and Stevensville. Regardless, it was down there.
Beautiful country out there!!

I do believe you're speaking about Lolo and I know what cars you're talking about. The shop closed down, guy's wife got cancer and he closed shop/sold everything. I spoke to him a couple times -- unless we are confusing people? There's also a boneyard a few miles south on the way to hamilton with a tons of pontiacs and one completely SHOT to crap duster. Dunno if it sold but he wanted a grand for it, sounded like a dying racoon with BD/rust all over the place.

Hm, I can't find it in his online store so it's probably sold. http://stores.ebay.com//cerealmarshmallows

Also know a few cars sitting around in the neighborhood but not dusters.

Oh yeah, and everything im finding online is either too nice to restro-mod the way I want, too pricy or just too much work. I'll find the right one eventually...

http://missoula.craigslist.org/ctd/3785607880.html

Possible candidate, little pricy for what I want, wrong year and not digging the bullet holes so much but still workable and definitely great shell for a starting base.. at least I assume. Hard to tell from pictures, gonna check it out wed or thurs when I get my 'weekends'

I agree, it's a darned good start..hopefully no fillers under the paint. And, yeah, the bullet holes would have to go.
Top looks new as well as the dash pad...interior looks pretty decent.

Would be nice if they gave more of a description of the car. I'd start with a $4500 offer.

You did good,Toro. Check out Crackback's Duster shell.Dude is a straight shooter..might be worth it. Proud of you,getting it done...

Good to see you are thru school & employed. Good luck with the ride hunt.....

You did good,Toro. Check out Crackback's Duster shell.Dude is a straight shooter..might be worth it. Proud of you,getting it done...

I will, I just hope it's not too far from where I am. Again, distance is an issue -- would rather spend more of the money on parts than gas/trailer/shipping. I have 3 friends capable of tig/mig who definitely could use extra pocket money. Sister has some nice land in stevie where I could work on it during summer and her fiancee is a mechanic as well. Taking it slow so I can get a proper shell and get right to the fun parts. If it takes too long, I'll start on the rounded chassis and motor, waiting for Montana weather to stop being bipolar before I get into anything, ultimately.

Edit: very nice, definitely what I want but too far =/ would end up paying 500-600 atop the asking price.

http://missoula.craigslist.org/ctd/3785607880.html

Possible candidate, little pricy for what I want, wrong year and not digging the bullet holes so much but still workable and definitely great shell for a starting base.. at least I assume. Hard to tell from pictures, gonna check it out wed or thurs when I get my 'weekends'

"Bullet holes" look like those goofy *** stickers folks seem to like.....

-
Back