Im building a 418 stroker and need help!

-

woojo6

Reaction score
Anybody running a 340 bored .040 pump gas stroker on the street? Looking for set ups as far as intake and cam. Its going in a 72 duster with 4.11 gears, 3000 stall. Im going to use my current demon carb. Heads are j heads with 2.02/ 1.60 ported. I have an eldelbrook torquer and an m1 intake. What cam and intake would you guys recommend for street/ some strip application? Thanks

If you dont mind me asking what stroker kit did you use or mainly the pistons.I just got a 340 .040 over and looking for some info on the stroker builds.

Thats what iam running. I got my whole kit from Mancaina ( probably spelled wrong) racing. Sorry I cant help much Iam still running the throttle body on mine.I run a edelbrock torque intake with a 55mm throttle body ,ported x heads.Lunati voodo cam.
Got about 25000 miles on it. love it. Its in a Shelby Dakota. Still have the rev limiter on it and running thru the computer so the dyno numbers wernt all that great compared to some on carbs.
Running street tires headers closed, bad 60ft time it ran a 10.95 in 1000ft and a 8.70 in the 1/8. Not record setting i know but this was right off the street didnt change anything. The good thing is you cant tell it from the 318 that came in the truck. that part I like.

Jack, LOL on spelling, it's OK, names can be tricky. It's "Mancini" Had a school mate with the same name. Click here for there home page; http://www.manciniracing.com/

To the OP, would you like a Hyd. Solid or a roller cam?
At what lift do the heads air flow stall at?

As for the cars weight, gear ratio and stall converter to be matched for a cam for your description, style cam aside, I myself would look for a cam with at least 240 intake duration to fit into the parameters you have listed above. The amount of exhaust duration dependent on exhaust flow to intake ratio and lift , well, as much as you can get into the head without getting into the area where the air flow stalls, or just briefly at best.

Anymore and it gets into the IDK area. Sorry about that. Just haven't got there yet.
I run a 4spd, so I could get away with another 10*'s intake duration for sure. Just on size of the engine itself. IDK if a stall change would be needed. Though I know it would help.

I used Diamond pistons part # 51010 and a Lunati 60404 Voodoo series camshaft with 6 pack so far so good. John

Its a scat 4" crank with and i beam rods with K.B step dome 9.8 pistons. Thats what the engine builder told me.

I would like to stay with a Hyd. I have cam motion working on a grid and bullet camshafts as well to see what they come up with. I just wanted to see what works with everyone thats running this kind of set up and any feedback. This website is awesome and the people are great. Im learning tons on here. Thanks a bunch

I would like to stay with a Hyd. I have cam motion working on a grid and bullet camshafts as well to see what they come up with. I just wanted to see what works with everyone thats running this kind of set up and any feedback. This website is awesome and the people are great. Im learning tons on here. Thanks a bunch

What do the heads flow and at what lift?

if you dont know, then a cam that go's like this- 250-252*@.050 .550-.580 lift 108-110* cl

You have to be careful not to bleed too much of the cylinder pressure off, try to keep about 165/170 psi cranking. jmo

Jacksdodges,what voodoo cam works with what f.I?And X heads?What blower or nitrous hit?Numbers don't work for the e.t.You forgot(or street racers don't tell,I don't),just curious.

Thats what im being told! I have an M1 and an edelbroke trantula single plan as well that works awesome on my high compression 360 but everyone i speak to leans towards the air gap. I just wanted to see everyones thoughts and to see if it was possible for me to use what i have. Thank you

-
Back