I'm buying an established Carb shop.

-
Good luck with this new adventure. I told my former employer that "I won't learn how to swim sitting on the bank so I am jumping in" That has been over 18 years ago and I wonder why I didn't do it sooner but I have been truly blessed to be able to do what I like to do and turn down things I had rather not. You will do well. Joe

Thanks again, I appreciate the encouragement, and am looking forward to working with car guys (and girls) for a living. And the fruits of my labor making someones day, instead of how many brick can I pile in a stinking blast furnace in a 12hr shift!

Congratulations. I'm from Austintown Ohio. Moved to Atlanta in 85 but still go back once in awhile. Will you be driving up there every day or are you moving the shop? Is it on Ribblet Road

Congratulations. I'm from Austintown Ohio. Moved to Atlanta in 85 but still go back once in awhile. Will you be driving up there every day or are you moving the shop? Is it on Ribblet Road
Yes sir, Riblett Rd. I'll be making the drive everyday, until he decides he wants out completely. I know I can't learn it all overnight, and his experience is priceless. Besides, we enjoy each others company. In the meantime I'll build a new shop here at the house, and take my time laying it out.

Yes sir, Riblett Rd. I'll be making the drive everyday, until he decides he wants out completely. I know I can't learn it all overnight, and his experience is priceless. Besides, we enjoy each others company. In the meantime I'll build a new shop here at the house, and take my time laying it out.
Should I ever need carb work Ill look you up.
Bill

An old pal of mine, who started his carb shop in the late 80's is suffering some medical set backs, mentioned to me that he was going to sell out to a shop in Detroit. After 3 days of careful consideration, I drove back over and said " I would like to buy it". So After 19 yrs of chasing firebrick, and doing carbs as a hobby, I'm taking the plunge into what will hopefully be my final career change. I'm currently serving an apprenticeship under him right now, and have got the ball rolling for the money to change hands. After which I will keep the location, and he will still be in the shop for my consultation. The name is Woodruff Carburetor in Youngstown Ohio. We do everything from a basic rebuild, to a full show quality restoration. Auto, Marine, Ag, Drag, Circle, etc. Everyone is welcome. After it is official I'm going to look into becoming a FABO vendor and offering a member discount, as he currently does almost no advertising. Wish me luck, I'm going for it!
Good luck! If he made a good living with little advertising, just think what you could do if you got your name out there. There is For B Bodies Only, and a bunch of Mustang, Camaro, Corvette ETC Forums you could join.

Best of luck in your new venture! Good to have someone that provides your service on this forum.

Best of luck, that trade is part of a dying breed.

Good luck!

Glad to see you have the stones to hang out your own shingle!

Gimme a quote on making some 440 six pack carbs good as new.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Maybe post some pics of the show quality work here......

Congrats, and good luck with the new venture! I'll keep you guys in mind when I need some carb work.

-
Back