I'm drinking tonight because I'm pissed.....

-

sharpie

workin' stiff
Reaction score
I frickin' hate my car, its engine, the multiple carburetors I've gone through, and everything that goes along with it. I am more than halfway to selling the piece of sh*t. Yes, I am using "strong language." No, I don't care right now. :angry7:

Sorry to hear this sharpie......take a break from it. :clock:

Spent about 6 hours 2 weeks ago trying to start my Demon which ran perfect last time I started it. Dang cars....LOL :toothy10: Don't give up!!

I use to drink when I was happy, sad, mad, tired, hungry just about everything. Kids b day, dogs b day, wifes b day, neighbors kids best friends uncle's cousins brothers anties grandpa's grand kids pee wee league team got their first base hit in Australia 2 years ago........whatever it didnt matter I just got by drink on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaa

dont drive

and take a brake from your car we all get frustrated with ours it happens to everyone

Just walk away for awhile and get a new perspective,drinking doesn't sharpen the brain well,at least not for me.

shoot i felt the same way with my car so i bought a 383 and prob solved just take a break form it

I ******* hate my car, its engine, the multiple carburetors I've gone through, and everything that goes along with it. **** it all, I am more than halfway to selling the piece of ****. Yes, I am using "strong language." No, I don't care right now. :angry7:

Did you ever wonder why the car is named "DEMON"?? It's man vs. machine.....

Let the sun rise again and push this bad day behind ya, Yep I have been there.

Dude I know how you feel!!!!!! I put my car away for a year after it gave me fits. I was so pissed I really wanted to sell it to the next person I saw for a dollar as long as I would never have to lay eyes on that miserable POS ever again! Whew! After a year of ignoring it I am back at it with a fresh outlook and its going well. Good luck to you.

i don't need to be pissed to drink , i do it because i like it .

that was me 2 weeks ago. get a new project. my 73 Dart was the same. i say eff it. traded it for a 68 in better shape. something more interesting to me. i wish i could drink tonight. fml

I frickin' hate my car, its engine, the multiple carburetors I've gone through, and everything that goes along with it. I am more than halfway to selling the piece of sh*t. Yes, I am using "strong language." No, I don't care right now. :angry7:

i dn't mean to piss u off anymore but if uve been thru lots of carbs its probably not the carb... ur fuel gum up maybe? try to crank it with the fuel line just into a bottle so u can see it, maybe u just got bad gas.

Like I tell my daughter's b/f when he starts complaining...."Man up!"

I tend to accept issues like you're having as a challenge. 8)

Geeeez.... Do a search under my screen name for any posts titled Cuda Capers. I have 3 yrs. worth of posts describing every conceivable problem that could slow down a restoration. Body shop BS.... Engines blowing up.... hand to hand combat with headliners.... and yes, multi-carb issues. Been there, done, that, sold T shirts, and became a tour guide.

It's all part of the fun of being a Hobbyist. If this stuff was easy, everyone would be doing it. It takes patience, time, and money. Save your booze or dope money. Kids do stuff like that...

Welcome to the club.... your NOT alone!
8)

Hey Sharpie I have been there as well. I have removed my friggin Diff four times, because of bearings, I have had to play with the carbs over and over to the point I have had to walk away or risk damaging my car. That would suck all together. Best is to leave it until your head clears...could take a six pack of beers to do that.

Been there, done that, pulled the motor and sold the 73 Scamp. It needed too many things and I didn't want to do another total restoration. Sometimes it is good to start over but give it a few weeks then decide.

Well, I am happy to say I didn't drink myself into a stupor on Friday. I didn't even drink at all. One of my problems with the car is that I can't store it anywhere close. My parents have only half a garage, so the car sits on the street, staring at me. I need to get a car cover for it at least, so I don't have to think about it.

Broke my Craftsman ratcheting driver on Saturday morning while working on the car when I tried to take the advice of some here and on Moparts. On Sat. morning, it wouldn't even start. I actually still have the FOR SALE sign that I made for it that morning after breaking the tool.

I got some help from a local moparts member on Saturday afternoon, and after coming to the conclusion that I have an unknown vacuum leak that only hides itself once the car gets warm, I just decided to throw the choke back on so it'll balance out the A/F until it gets warm. Weve searched for the leak, but can't find it with a squirt bottle.

Anyway, the car runs now, so it's not wearing thin on my nerves. I don't really car what the car looks/sounds/feels like, as long as it runs. Once it's not running, it's a money pit paper-weight, and that wears thin on my nerves really good.

So I'm alright now. I can at least take it to a shop in the next town to see if they can track down my issues if I really can't find them. The best part about this weekend's fix though, is that I only had to spend maybe $20 on the temporary fix, not the $300-500 that others were suggesting. I want to do the $300-500 fix, but it's just not in my time-frame right now. Trying to pay off my credit card first.

I have had more frustrations with my car over the years... just walk away from it and go do something else constructive. Sooner or later you will come back to it. Reading manuals is a constructive thing to do... and ya learn stuff too. :) I have had my car 22 years only because I keep walking away from it.... but come back with better knowledge and now its pretty much done.

Good luck.

-RPM

Times like this when my chevy drivin' friends will tell me that Mopar stands for:

My
Old
Pig
Ain't
Runnin'

-
Back