Status
Not open for further replies.

George R

Mopar Nutcase
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am still in DIRE need of 2 lower ball joint rubber grease boots. I can't buy them anywhere unless I buy new ball joints at $100/each. Mopar has a boot kit for the front end, but they want $189 for it.
Does anyone have a decent set of lower ball joint boots for my 69 Dart Swinger 340 car? I would imagine they woild all work regardless of engine size, drum diameter, or disc brakes as the lower ball joints all were shaped the same. I don't care if they're original Mopar parts or aftermarket at this point. I need them badly.
This is all I need to put the front of the car on the ground.
Any and all help greatly appreciated.

George

I am still in DIRE need of 2 lower ball joint rubber grease boots. I can't buy them anywhere unless I buy new ball joints at $100/each. Mopar has a boot kit for the front end, but they want $189 for it.
Does anyone have a decent set of lower ball joint boots for my 69 Dart Swinger 340 car? I would imagine they woild all work regardless of engine size, drum diameter, or disc brakes as the lower ball joints all were shaped the same. I don't care if they're original Mopar parts or aftermarket at this point. I need them badly.
This is all I need to put the front of the car on the ground.
Any and all help greatly appreciated.

George

Here is the answer to your prayer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-...002QQitemZ120250824355QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thanks for finding those seals. I dunno if they'll work as he has them listed as C body. Might have a different stud diameter. I have the auction in my watch list.

Thanks again for the help!!!!!

George

Thanks Goody. Energy Sus lists a Ball Joint Boot Kit, but you have to order from a dealer. Only problem is they don't list the dealers! Does anyone know where I can order their stuff from?

I was really hoping for Mopar (or Mopar look-alike aftermarket) but like I said, I'll take anything at this point.
No prices listed either.

Thanks again for the help!!!!!

George

mopar performance sells them but they are certainly not cheap and you have to buy the whole front end kit 62-67 a body part no P5249225 or 68-76 a body part no. P5249226 both of those numbers are from the Paddock just in case you dont have it their website is www.paddockparts.com i think this would be a very last resort for you as the early a kit is 259.95 and the later cars are 289.95 just trying to help in case you cant do anything else by the way the kit includes boots for the tie rod ends, pitman arms, upper and lower ball joints and idler arm. Good Luck Justin

George,

Like a couple have said Energy Suspension has them.

Part# 5.13102

This is the same part Mancini is selling.

Pep boys sells Energy Suspension products.

John

Autozone has them listed for sale online.

Tom

Ball Joint Boot
Energy-Suspension / Ball Joint Boot
for a 1969 Dodge Dart

Related Parts
Ball Joint - Upper
Ball Joint - Lower
Control Arm Bushing - Front

About this product:
Part Number: 5.13102G
Weight: 0.25 lbs.
Note: Black
Set;
Pricing:
$6.99
Availability:
Store: Visit your local store to special order.
Online: Ships within 3-5 business days
Store: Online:

I bought a set of 4 but dont recall where .When they arrived I was somewhat surprised. These are cone shaped and compress down around the casting but dont have a metal sealing ring.
They were cheap enough. They cant be overfilled to the point of bursting.
I'll give you 2 if you want them.
Without pictures of actual item from all the sellers mentioned above, you might recieve the very same. Good luck

Redfish, If you have 2 you don't need, I'd like to have them. I weant to pay you for them, as well as the shipping to 06611.
Let me know what I need to do. I can Paypal.

If you want to keep them for a rainy day, I'll order from one of the other suggestions.

I want to thank all of you for the help. I searched and searched, and came up with empty pockets. FABO is a great community. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

George

Sure, like i said they came as set of 4. I only needed 2 since I haven't split the uppers.
Everyone doing a disc brake conversion should be aware...
its nearly impossible to split the lower ball joints without destroying their boots.
You might wait a few more days for these to arrive only to decide you dont like them. Shipping is 4.60. send your mailing address to
[email protected] <- that 0 is a zero.

First thanks to EVERYONE who offered info and parts to help me out.
I was contacted via PM by another member who offered me a stock set of new boots for a just price. I sent the check out with today's mail.
I really appreciate how the group came together with answers, links, and parts to bail me out so I can keep this project moving. For that, I am grateful.

I will update my Members Restoration thread tonight after work. I haven't done a LOT since the paint went on, but I did add a few parts, and I also cut & buffed the roof and one quarter panel. I think you'll like it.

Have a great day fella's. I'm off to work. See ya's tonight!!!

George "Pasta".

Dang I hate to dissapoint. Truth is I didn't ship some ball joint boots to George Friday because I couln't find the darn things Friday morning. Didn't get away from the hospital before the post office closed Friday evening anyway. Finally found them Saturday evening though.
If you Google search part number 5.13102.G you woll find this...
http://performanceparts.com/part.php?partID=187230 among the results
here is a picture of those boots,
balljointboots.jpg

When I recieved them I was disapointed but did open one end of the bag and used one boot. Since these were stacked in the package I never noticed there were 2 different types in the bag. The 2 having the longer neck dont look correct for uppers or lowers to me.
Anyway, I'm somewhat glad I never shipped these or allowed George to pay me for something he cant or wont use.
Bottom line, Without pics from vendors we dont know what they might send.

Thats OK Ben. I have a set of NOS ones on the way. After I found those, I didn't want to disappoint you and tell you I didn't need them because you already were looking to ship them out to me so I was going to buy them anyway.
I appreciate you going so far out of your way for me.

George

hey check rockauto.com the cheapest balljoints are like 53.00 each if you cant find any boots anywere. goodluck

Just for everybody's info I tried the ones from Energy suspension a couple of yrs. ago and they didn't fit even though they said they were for the application. If I remember right I tried about 3 different ones from them. They were a great company to try to help though. The guy even offered to send me some for free that he thought might work after I talked to him and told him the first ones didn't fit. By then I had found some NOS ones so I told him thanks but I already found some. I wish all companies were that good with customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back