Im getting tired of waiting!

-

Bigmacdak

I'll take the Duster.....
Reaction score
Well, its official. I have put the Duster on stanby for now. I have it siting out in the shop all torn down, motor/tranny ready to be pulled & now all I can do is sit and look at it. Im broke as hell, well not broke broke just too broke to be spending money on it. Its been a bad year money wise. First off a storm took off half of our roof in may, then the wife decides to back her trailblazer into a light pole & just last week our central A/C decides to piss its pants. Have any of you guys priced a complete new A/C unit! Christ! My unit is so old (1985) that the entire thing will have to be replaced. Inside & out. The guy that came by & looked at it said "By the time its all said & done your looking at 5K not including the carpenter work inside the house" So I asked him how much to rebuild the old one? You can still get parts for it right? 750 bucks later we have A/C again. Thats a heel of a lot better than 5K plus... At this point I dont even have the money to buy a cherry picker & an engine stand. Uggh. I told myself when I got the car it wasnt going to ba an overnight succes & I was going to have to be patient. All the old guys around here that have restored cars say it took the 7 years to finish or it took 5 years... so on & so on....

How long did it take you guys to get your cars the way they are now??

One thing you will find is that it will never be completed.

You will get it to a point and realize that you wish you had did something different. So add that to the list of updates. You will see something else at a show and add that to the list. The car will continue to get better and better but will never be totally done. The more you work on it the more you will want to work on it. Not that this is a bad thing but just the way it is. Enjoy yourself. Each thing you complete on the car will give you great pleasure and pride for a "job well done".

Hang in there, things will get better.

Mines been sitting in this condition since Feb. Moved to a cheaper place, got a second job and feel like Im worse off then last year.

Well, its official. I have put the Duster on stanby for now. I have it siting out in the shop all torn down, motor/tranny ready to be pulled & now all I can do is sit and look at it. Im broke as hell, well not broke broke just too broke to be spending money on it. Its been a bad year money wise. First off a storm took off half of our roof in may, then the wife decides to back her trailblazer into a light pole & just last week our central A/C decides to piss its pants. Have any of you guys priced a complete new A/C unit! Christ! My unit is so old (1985) that the entire thing will have to be replaced. Inside & out. The guy that came by & looked at it said "By the time its all said & done your looking at 5K not including the carpenter work inside the house" So I asked him how much to rebuild the old one? You can still get parts for it right? 750 bucks later we have A/C again. Thats a heel of a lot better than 5K plus... At this point I dont even have the money to buy a cherry picker & an engine stand. Uggh. I told myself when I got the car it wasnt going to ba an overnight succes & I was going to have to be patient. All the old guys around here that have restored cars say it took the 7 years to finish or it took 5 years... so on & so on....

How long did it take you guys to get your cars the way they are now??

How about this for long? we got my car when I was 14, 5 years ago and I just started working on it, it's been sitting the whole time. By the time my car is done it'll be like 10 years since buying it

mines been off the road and worked on for 3 years, no body work or paint yet, just running gear. but im in the same boat you are for money wise. im sooo close to having it done, and now my job is really slow, and im on EI, awaiting work. its the end of june and i dont have any money, i could be driving the dart by now if i did, but i have no money to finish it. but no worries, it could be worse, we could be interested in chebbies!

Its Taken Me 3 Years To Get It Done Not That Its Ever Done. This Wednesday I Will Be Geting 275/60/15 Put On The Rear Then Next Week Changing The Exaust To 3 Inch. That Will Be It For This Year.
100_0585.jpg

I've owned two of my 3 road runners for 10 years. I've driven both, but neither is under construction now

I've had my Twister going on four years, really haven't done much gathered up a few parts. Getting married & moving from a place where I had a shop to where i'm at now without a shop , but i'm working on that. Just keep pluggin along.

-
Back