I'm glad things are going to China

-
F--- China. U.S. Workers just do what they're told. I've experienced this.

THIS!

Quality control goes down in an attempt to lower variable/fixed cost. Free trade has made it very hard to maintain the cost of high quality control and be competitive with product pricing.

We are simply shooting our self in the foot.

THIS!

Quality control goes down in an attempt to lower variable/fixed cost. Free trade has made it very hard to maintain the cost of high quality control and be competitive with product pricing.

We are simply shooting our self in the foot.

I dont disagree with that, but it will take some frustration with crap
to get this to change. Many companies are finding some success with
taking that stance. I'm actually releasing a bunch of tools today to
different vendors (all in the U.S. and local I might add) and they were
not the cheapest bid by a longshot, however the president of the
company is open minded and if I can justify it and the 50% greater
investment in cost, he will buy into it. My good vendors will survive
because I can consistently rely on them to produce good parts for me.
The ones that have not, are no longer supplying parts.

Anytime I am at a garage sale or estate sale if I find something that I may have a use for and was made in the 50's or 60's I buy it because it was built to last! Perfect example, I have an old 3 speed box fan from the 50's that I got at a garage sale for 5 bucks. It works great has a metal case, good strong motor, metal blades, strong chrome handle, chrome 1/4" round stock grills front and back and has "Made in USA". The same fan now costs anywhere from 30-40 bucks, is made out of cheap brittle plastic, has a shitty motor and says "Made in Taiwan or China". Let's see one of those last 40-50 years!

Hell yes! Those were the days....... Unfortunately those days are gone.

You can buy 10 of the new imported fans for what a new (50s-60s) American quality fan would cost.

You can buy 10 of the new imported fans for what a new (50s-60s) American quality fan would cost.

And that is exactly what I mean about changing the mindset of things
being disposable. Eventually the majority will be willing to foot the cost
for things of higher quality and durability. Then things WILL come back
from overseas and manufacturing will once again be strong here.

Unfortunately the retail outlets like wallymart and any other hugh chain box stores want the stuff to break or they make no $$$$$$$$. It's all about quantity over quality.
If it's this bad now what's it going to be like in 20 years?

I guess the land fills will be full, and we will have to rocket garbage
into outer space.

Sounds like the "Dollar" store junk, the GF bought my kid a little battery operated cute frog lantern.I think she used it for one day and something screwed up probably the switch anyways She started crying because in didn't work:angry7: Not worth the aggravation and probable lead exposure it caused that's for sure

WTF there is so many reasons that the manufacturing and (lack of)quality has gone to china,but the mainproblem is the people that started buying the cheapshit in the firstplace, if noone would have bought it the companys would not have moved so much manufacturing to china and other useless places,its the same old story over here...

some people have no pride in thier work, they wake up and feel they have to stick it to the man. they are only sticking it to themselves when there job closes up. its a shame. i cant say im glad **** is going there, and i think that anyone who feels that way, should pack thier **** up and get the hell out of this country.

I wonder how many of the laid- off workers in this country got in their Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc. to drive their *** home and wondered what went wrong. Buy American or suffer the same fate.

I wonder how many of the laid- off workers in this country got in their Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc. to drive their *** home and wondered what went wrong. Buy American or suffer the same fate.

My dad was a Ford man from the day he was born. The day he took his
job at Chrysler, he was a mopar man from then on. As he rightly put it
"I will support the company that supports me".

Good words to live by. I wish all the money hungry execs would buy into
that mind set.

-
Back