Reaction score
ok guys, my stroker short block is done! Here are the specs:

400 block bored/honed to 4.375"
3.91" stroke Molner crank
6.700" scat h beam rods with .990 pins full floating
Icon 12cc dished Pistons installed @ zero deck giving 10.52:1 compression
Solid roller cam 612 lift 254@ .050 duration

This all yields 470 CID

I have the new trick flow heads and now have a weiand long ram tunnel ram set up for twin four barrel carbs!

Carbs are being custom built by Biggs. They will be 750 cfm 4150 carbs. Mounted sideways with a four port fuel regulator front mounted. I am super stoked about the setup as this build has been a dream of mine for a very very long time! I will keep you all updated on progress.

image_zpsdqch3k1t.jpe

I have that same intake, Not ready to install it on my low deck yet.

Getting hard to find! It's pretty much the best tunnel ram produced for the low decks unless you get into exotic race stuff like Indy or sheet metal stuff

building a similar bottom end , 470 +/- 2 . but stage 6 alums mopars with mopar newer maxwedge intake . will follow this thread to see our resolts . i'm going higher on c/r than you this will be an interesting view on c/r and torque and hp . what rpm are you looking at ?

building a similar bottom end , 470 +/- 2 . but stage 6 alums mopars with mopar newer maxwedge intake . will follow this thread to see our resolts . i'm going higher on c/r than you this will be an interesting view on c/r and torque and hp . what rpm are you looking at ?

I'm planning to shift at about 6800 hope to cross the line at about 7k

I am compression limited because I want to run on pump swill. If I could afford the gas I'd go 12.5-13:1 and let it eat.

i'm thinking mine is going to be some were in the mid of strt/strp . so e85 ron is 104 oc , not e85 ron/mon is low 85 oc (winter fuel). do you use it to drive as a everyday'r or just a great times hotrod ? here in calif gas sucks big time , and at 3 bucks a gal , i'll pump in a buck or two more to get a monster plant plant , and heat issues are all but gone . i'm also interested in your build i've got the same intake , had it from new in 1975 , from a all iron max'd out 383 build , still got that engine as well . as to your rpm , my cam guy says 7500 for the street max , but track . he's got a pull p/u with a 468 singing 8800 on gas , 808 hp one 850 12/1cr , all iron motor . frank'n stien iron heads . that truck went alum 470 something now injected alky grossing over a 1000 hp from it . toast's the blowties n ovals .

Last edited:
i'm thinking mine is going to be some were in the mid of strt/strp . so e85 ron is 104 oc , not e85 ron/mon is low 85 oc (winter fuel). do you use it to drive as a everyday'r or just a great times hotrod ? here in calif gas sucks big time , and at 3 bucks a gal , i'll pump in a buck or two more to get a monster plant plant , and heat issues are all but gone . i'm also interested in your build i've got the same intake , had it from new in 1975 , from a all iron max'd out 383 build , still got that engine as well .

I will be driving to and from track. I will also be driving around town often. I have loose standards when it comes to what is "streetable"

well i'm kind of what way myself , idled at 1800 , but from 4500 to 8500 rpm from 310ci sbf (boss 302+.03) on the street made just under 500 hp at the wheels . got 4 mpg back when gas was 88 cents a gal . i use 60 bucks cruz'n it to hunt for a race on the weekend . still drove it to and from as a everday'r . and it was only the begining of repairs , lol . that ford ran , so did the chevy . but i was chasing parts from them driving a wor-out 383 rr , and beating it every chance i got , but never had to go get repair parts . so its plymouth dodge and chrysler in the stables . i love it . if i only would have saved some of the ones i cut up , well you can't keep them all , lol . can only try , lol!

The Weiand is a great piece. Long runners for great bottom end torque. I think only the Offenhauser has longer runners......but of course, you'll be hard pressed to find one.

The Weiand is a great piece. Long runners for great bottom end torque. I think only the Offenhauser has longer runners......but of course, you'll be hard pressed to find one.

I spoke with Wilson manifolds and they assure me that they can pull huge power out of this manifold! They gave me several suggestions and for a modest sum of money can really wake the thing up

I spoke with Wilson manifolds and they assure me that they can pull huge power out of this manifold! They gave me several suggestions and for a modest sum of money can really wake the thing up

Oh I have no doubt. lol

...... that T ram was on my 470 stroker with 2 660 center squirters, took it off to slow the car down till my daughter gets used to the power, will be going back on by the middle of next month......ur gonna love it..........kim........

-
Back