i'm in the doghouse

-
I find the human mind interesting, and of course complicated.
Th step son has always been over consciencious (spelling!), over achiever type, and probably insecure. Short kid and alpha type too! ha. I bet one problem was his wife TOLD him to drive up to the new office and MAKE sure he was not supposed to start MON! Not that far, just a 40 mi trip. Ha He (knew!) and she should have known the Tx. Dept of Education foes not work on the Fourth of July !!!! ha
All is well or will be!!!

Meticulous = paying strict attention to detail and doing things the right way
Anal = overdoing it, sometimes creating mistakes out of nothing
Both describe Missile Technicians AND their job, which for the past 30 years (at least) have become anal by exactly your definition!!

imagine doing simple automotive maintenance with:

a tool inventory accomplished (your screwdriver better have the CORRECT SERIAL NUMBER!!!!-no 12 point sockets, no crescent wrenches!,

verified calibrated torque wrench {separate procedure}, hazmat sheets for all anti seize/lube/alcohol used),

a brief (with: 2 workers,

a reader of the procedure,

a supervisor to monitor the maintenance,

the top 3 people that own/operate the shop/dealership

-including a post-maintenance brief)-with an in-depth description and example of what a quarter-turn is,
with 5 minutes of reading-safety concerns of related power/hydraulic/pneumatic isolations-including accomplished tagouts,,,,

verification that the procedure is updated-including a list of all references annotated,

a calendar posted with all of the exact maintenance that you will be conducting on specific days integrated with power/pneumatic/hydraulic isolations & tagouts occurring on the shop itself<-in order for an outside entity (like OSHA but with chip on their shoulders of bad attitude whom are TRYING to catch you using the wrong maintenance sequence, wrong torque specifications, etc...)

-for each and every specific maintenance work/job that must be accomplished.

Integrating isolations and tagouts was the hardest part, coordinating isolations months in advance <-conducting different maintenance instead of down time,, also fairly difficult as other people’s plans change...

I am grateful to GOD to be away from a world of anal-retentive assholes!!!!!! Most certainly the first level of hell.

@barbee6043 , I call myself anal regularly. I consider it a good thing.

Your son needs to relax and get over himself. In the grand scheme of things, you calling him anal is really nothing. If that's the worst thing that happened to him yesterday, he had a great day.

Don't sweat it.

@barbee6043 , I call myself anal regularly. I consider it a good thing.

Your son needs to relax and get over himself. In the grand scheme of things, you calling him anal is really nothing. If that's the worst thing that happened to him yesterday, he had a great day.

Don't sweat it.
AMEN!!!!!

-
Back