I'm new

-

LilPaul

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Paul. My Great aunt had a 73 Duster In the garage I would keep clean for her before she passed and and 7 years passed I finally was able to get the car I fell in love with 20 years ago when I first seen it. The last time the car was on the road was 91 or 93 the tag says 99 but she would keep it registered in case but she had stopped driving years earlier. her and my great uncle had bought it new in 73, and it was rarely driven he prefered to walk and she prefered her beetle. It sat for decades untouched up in the Hollywood hills in Los Angeles. And it was a hell of an adventure pulling it from the narrow drive we couldn't get a truck in and the narrow streets we could barley pull a trailer on but we pulled it and it's in it's new home in Tucson AZ. It has some dents and dings mainly from my aunt hitting her house backing in and out but in amazing shape, it has the slant six. It may be 6 months to go through things and replace the little things to get it started for the first time. The goal is to get it running and road worth in the next year and enjoy it as is, than slowly find and build a nice v8 and than all the needed upgrades to make it a true muscle car. Will be slow to do but I love this car and have to do it! I have stalked this forum for a long while day dreaming about fixing this car! And the time is now! I'm sure I'm gonna have a world of questions and most of them will be stupid to most people but I'm in the right place for answers! Thanks guys and look forward to participating,
Lil Paul
51221307_1853806248059333_3386773689344196608_o.jpg
51212934_1853806334725991_4506626548522024960_o.jpg
51075938_1853806414725983_3735955226293698560_o.jpg
51155580_1853806438059314_1267140460422365184_o.jpg
51993401_1853806284725996_6350116727753277440_o.jpg

If you have been quietly watching this group for any length of time at all you will have already recognized both the depth of knowledge and expertise represented by the folks on here. When I first joined I was blown away by the info being tossed about. Great folks on here, don't hesitate to reach out.

If you have been quietly watching this group for any length of time at all you will have already recognized both the depth of knowledge and expertise represented by the folks on here. When I first joined I was blown away by the info being tossed about. Great folks on here, don't hesitate to reach out.
I was stalking the site years ago when I was first gonna get the car and it didn't happen and would check in just to admire the cars and see progress and then 4 months ago I found out I was getting it and have been stalking it again and have been learning so much thanks to the knowledge here it made getting the car home easier! It's nice to have a mopar to be able to participate I have already learned so much from folks here and excited to start testing to see what I have learned. Everyone I seen here was so giving with knowledge it's exciting!

First and foremost,Welcome!
Looks like a diamond,not even in the rough.
Its awesome you have an attatchment to the car,and a plan.
I dont have to mention the wealth of knowledge here,as you have already started to tap it.

Great people, a good source for advice and parts.
Enjoy!

Welcome! That’s a great story and an awesome base to work with. As you mention, get it running so you can enjoy it and then do some upgrades in due time. My grandmother bought her Scamp new back in ‘75 and it’s now in my garage.

Welcome! Nice Duster and story. May want to look into possibly building that slant 6, I know of a couple of low 13 second 1/4 mile all motor slant sixes around my area, granted they were purpose built race cars but can be done for a street machine too. But whatever you decide to do, have at it and have fun.

First and foremost,Welcome!
Looks like a diamond,not even in the rough.
Its awesome you have an attatchment to the car,and a plan.
I dont have to mention the wealth of knowledge here,as you have already started to tap it.

Great people, a good source for advice and parts.
Enjoy!
Thank you!

Welcome! Nice Duster and story. May want to look into possibly building that slant 6, I know of a couple of low 13 second 1/4 mile all motor slant sixes around my area, granted they were purpose built race cars but can be done for a street machine too. But whatever you decide to do, have at it and have fun.
I'm gonna have the 6 for a while and have been she ding time today studying what I can do with it and a leaning tower of power is not a bad idea at all!

-
Back