I'm not complaining, but...

-
I was reading about this over wekend...sorry you are going through it. Hopefully you are safe from the flooding and the waters will receed soon.

Same - same here LeAnne. We just don't have the flooding, but the temps and snow are starting to get really depressing. If March goes out like a lamb, it'll be just by the wool on it's azz, since this IS the last day of March. And they are forecasting snow again today. :)

..... I was wondering how you were fairing there in Fargo LeAnne cuz I remembered you were from there. Are you close enough to the river to be in any kind of trouble?

-RPM (Scott)

I feel for you girl.Here in Ontario Canada we get the same ****.Good luck and keep your chin up,it will soon be over.Don

We've been getting all our snow at the end of this month and another storm is forecast for tomorrow and Sat. It must be the same fronts that are affecting you guys and gals. No real danger of flooding here thank Goodness.

I hope you stay safe Leanne. Floods are devastating.

Weather sucks in general.....too many spring floods and we even got a snow storm yesterday.............yesterday the temp was just below freezing and saturday 10C or as you Americans would say 50F, what a difference!

..... I was wondering how you were fairing there in Fargo LeAnne cuz I remembered you were from there. Are you close enough to the river to be in any kind of trouble?

My house is high enough that it isn't in danger from the river, even if a dike breaks. However, storm sewers are backed up in parts of town, lots of friends have serious water damage, and there are dikes everywhere. Some sandbag dikes, some clay dikes down the centers of roads, and something called Hesco units (big baskets that pop open and they fill with sand, also used in Iraq/Afghanistan to protect soldiers). There are roughly 5 million sandbgs in use now, with another half million ready to patch breaches.

We have been under a "no travel" rule on and off for several days to allow for trucks hauling sandbags, clay, sand, etc. Of course, 10 inches of snow in the last 24 hours has put a stop to most of the town anyway...

The National Weather Service says that, even though the river has dropped a couple feet and will continue to drop, we will get another crest mid-April that will be about where we are now.

Here's a couple pictures showing what it's like in parts of town. Luckily the town is designed so there are parts that we can allow to flood to protect other parts.

Bottom picture shows a house a little out of town with it's own sandbag dike that broke...

0329bridge.jpg

x00080_93.jpg

Come to New York's Long Island for much fairer eather than 95% of the North East, longer summer not to damn hot, beachs with beach front concerts, etc.......

OH, and a big lack of snow!!!!!!!!

Well we don't have the flooding but in Rapid City, SD we are getting all kinds of blizzards. We had two blizzards a week apart and both of them shut down the whole city and got school canceled and everything. We are getting another one this weekend and another next Wednesday and one of the two is supposed to be the biggest one of the year.

Don't what all this talk about global warming is about.

We normally only have a day or two that schools are closed. So far, between blizzards and flooding, we have closed 12 days I think. Governor says he'll forgive the rest if a district had planned for and used at least two days. Good thing, or they'd be in school most of June...

Come to New York's Long Island for much fairer eather than 95% of the North East, longer summer not to damn hot, beachs with beach front concerts, etc.......

OH, and a big lack of snow!!!!!!!!

After having spent most of my life on Long Island, I can honestly say that the only thing I miss is the weather.

-
Back