I'm not religious but I need prayers

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
I just got word that my grandfather is "missing", sort of... here is what I know so far.

My grandmother says the last time she seen him was 21:30-22:00 Monday night. She woke up at 08:00 Tuesday morning and he was gone along with his truck. She can't remember if she made his bed or not (they sleep apart), if she didn't then he didn't sleep in it, and left the night before. Normally that isn't strange for someone (although a little for my grandfather) but here where it does.

My grandfather is in the beginning stages of dementia, currently depressed, and even mentioned that he'd "rather be dead than move" (they recently moved from their $500,000 house into a condo because of my grandfather's health).

We have no idea if my grandfather took any of his medication with him (heart problems). He also left his cell phone at home.

Now my uncle doesn't think anything is wrong and that my grandfather went to a hotel to "sulk". That being said my uncle is "ignorant" of his father's health problems. I think he just chooses to ignore them as he doesn't want to see his dad slipping away.

My grandmother is optimistic to the point that it can get on your nerves. She believes he will just come home that he's sulking as well, all though she at least knows and accepts the health problems. She also doesn't want to "rock the boat".

I reported him missing to the RCMP. Now all that can be done is wait.

Missing in Vernon, BC

Very piss poor picture but it's all I have on hand. Taken 6 years ago. He has even less hair and it's completely white.

wM7ia1D.jpg

Ken Dalgarno
5'8-5'10
Approx 160lbs

Drives a 2007 Honda Ridgeline (No plate yet as grandmother is being uncooperative)

2007-honda-ridgeline-916-p1.jpg

Prayers sent my friend. As long as you have accepted Jesus into your heart and believe in Him, you will be saved! God is good!

You did the right thing reporting him missing to the police.

When they get dimentia, it can be tough...

A few years back there was a tragedy around here with an elderly man with dimentia that walked out of the house one night and the family and police could not find him. They even put out a community bulletin email so if someone found him they could report it. They found him the next morning frozen to death from the overnight cold. He wandered out of the house and forgot how to get home.

Most of the time they find the people a few hours later. Hopefully they will find your grandfather soon. At least now that you reported it, there's a better chance that someone can find him and get him back to the family if his memory is failing him.

Wishing the best for ya! I hate to see things like this, and anymore in this busy world we live in it's overlooked far too often.

I would not let the various relatives side track you. Make it clear, how dangerous, and how imperative this is. Get on this, time is important. Best of luck.

Prayers sent to find your GF and comfortbyour family. Depression and dementia among the elderly is common and tough to manage. God bless.

Ok so RCMP called me back and said that he used a credit card in Chilliwack Hope. So he was there. They have notified police all the way from Vernon to Vancouver Island. He does have friends on the Island although they are far up north hunting for a couple weeks.

Ok so RCMP called me back and said that he used a credit card in Chilliwack Hope. So he was there. They have notified police all the way from Vernon to Vancouver Island. He does have friends on the Island although they are far up north hunting for a couple weeks.

that might be a good lead
your grandfather might not know (or remember) his friends will be on a hunting trip and show up at their house anyway

I would ask the local police to keep an eye on the place

I'm very happy this turned out for the good . prayers really work .

-
Back