im not sure what im gonna do with this

-

tobysoldblue

tobysoldblue
Reaction score
but here it is,lol.I got it from moparkid340 saturday,and cleaned it up a little today to see what its got,and what it dont.It has its issues,like most old mopars,but its definitly not the worst mopar ive ever owned.

76 caprice 025.jpg

76 caprice 026.jpg

76 caprice 027.jpg

76 caprice 028.jpg

76 caprice 029.jpg

76 caprice 030.jpg

76 caprice 031.jpg

how bout a 5.7 hemi - no other body mods except maybe some wide black steelies out back - how sweet would that be!! what a sleeper and it would still be a awesome dailey driver

im definitly leaning towards cheap driver/sleeper.the inside cleaned up better than i expected,just needs carpet,seatcovers,and a headliner to be a nice driver interior wise.

wow toby i never had that car that cleen even when i used to drive it.
had some great times in that little car tho and alot of fun,
hope that u do to
i think u should put u a nice little 318 in it and drive it till the wheels fall off

I'm with 68darrt on engine selection. You'll have great mileage and driveability, which, in turn will make you drive the wheels off it. Focus on the driveline--screw everything else.

spike wants to put it on some 13 ince dayton wheels with some hydrolics and a chain steering wheel. hahaha

Toby, you definitely need that 440 -- fresh on the stand -- that's out in my shop. Not great for mileage, I know, but what a sleeper!!!

Congrats on the new score my friend!

You know ive been thinking about it toby and you have enough projects going so ive decided to do you a favor and give you 50 bucks shipped for everything that unbolts from the fenders forward. I know I know im a selfless guy but hey thats just who i am. :-D:-D:-D Justin

Stuff a 12V Cummins Turbo Diesel and call it a day. For clearance use an early Dodge Van straight axle with leafs and put the front end up in the air. Run the exhaust up through hood and soot the place up. Theirs nothing like 1200 lbs x ft of torque at rear wheels...

That's what I am talking about!

spike wants to put it on some 13 ince dayton wheels with some hydrolics and a chain steering wheel. hahaha

BINGO!!:cheers:

or put a set of 14x7 reverse cragars on some 185/75 tires with wide whites and fur on the headliner and top of the dash and dingle balls around the roof :D

i really appreciate the $50.00 offer,its much too generous,but ill counter your offer,ill give you $50.00 for a 2 door,with everything from the doors back,shipping and title included,then youll really see this thing get in motion.Maybe even with cudachicks 440 in it,lol.I do like the sraight axle,nose in the air look of the old gassers,but i dont think this car will get that look.Any body got a 67-69 2 door hull laying around ya want to get rid of cheap?I really got this car in hopes of a 68 2 door body for my dad.He wants a hemi clone,to stuff a 392 hemi into(old school hemi)but id have to do most of the work,hes got too many projects too,lol

yea man. it aint bad. door panels and dash is good. clean it up a bit try to get the seats fixed drop a 318 or 360 in there and tear it up. try to find a rear thatll handle it. hopefully its not a 7 1/4. maybe 8 1/4. but leave the body the way it is and make it sound a lil scrappy and when some dork in an import pulls up next u blow there doors off. 3.55 gears. or stop light to stoplight with 3.91s. there always good.

with some new seat covers,and carpet,it would be a nice looking car interior wise.The driverside front fram rail is toast,so that will have to be repaired before any engine can go in it.After the frame rail is replaced,i might can figure out what to do with the car.

i really appreciate the $50.00 offer,its much too generous,but ill counter your offer,ill give you $50.00 for a 2 door,with everything from the doors back,shipping and title included,then youll really see this thing get in motion.Maybe even with cudachicks 440 in it,lol.I do like the sraight axle,nose in the air look of the old gassers,but i dont think this car will get that look.Any body got a 67-69 2 door hull laying around ya want to get rid of cheap?I really got this car in hopes of a 68 2 door body for my dad.He wants a hemi clone,to stuff a 392 hemi into(old school hemi)but id have to do most of the work,hes got too many projects too,lol

You drive a hard bargain there toby and I would help you out but wouldn't you know it all four of my 68/69 two door darts are still drivers and still have the front clips on them other wise we would strike a deal :-D:-D:-D Sorry i couldnt help

-
Back