I'm not sure what Route i should take

-

Promark

Reaction score
Ok so i have my 1967 barracuda fastback
and i'm not really sure what route i should take with it

at first i wanted to restore it to dealership new but now i'm having seconds thoughts about that

the car is running a 340 in it and i'm pretty sure as of right now that i want to keep that motor in the car.

i guess i'm talking bout interior work... headliner, seats, gauges, steering wheel, seatbelts.. the car already has a cage in it. only in the rear seats tho. i want to get that powder coated.

Maybe black out trim around the car or rechrome everything..

what would you guys do first??

sometimes i feel like the car is a relic and i dont want to modify it and ruin its glam.

Any ideas???

Attachments

• 172873_179620332080593_100000978815305_377915_1125025_o.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 177
i also would like to know.. The hood that i currently have on the car.. is that a formula S hood..or a stock hood?? how do u know if the car is formula S or not?

my opinion is that dealership new is boring but hey if thats your thing go for it. bottom line is its your car your money so build it as you please. i think they were built to personalize to begin with.

You could have the best of both worlds……. Stock looking but much faster.

And the hood you have is the standard hood…….. As in Formula S did not have a special hood. All the hoods are the same ( 67-68 ).

68 got a displacement call out on the inserts, as shown below.

DSC00044.jpg

Since it's a 67, it's impossible to restore it with a 340 under the hood, so mod hell outta it.

i want to make it a sleeper and do a Crate swap.//// but alot of money :/ i was looking at different swaps but beside the crate part i don't really get how the other parts work.. like finding a rear end and tranny and all the custom fabrication.

basically keep the car the way she looks and drop one of those type motors in with new exhaust system and different tires all round

Formula S will have a 7 under the F on the fender tag, or look at the buildsheet if you have it for a 7 under the 36.

Don't over think it, keep it simple- unless you have gobs of money.

Personally, for my 67, I'll be 'restoring it' to day 2 status, meaning what it would have looked like when the first owner brought it home and hopped it up. Pretty much how I got it, Cragars, after market wheel, Hurst, scoop, tach, etc.

-
Back