I'm Pissed

-

bobscuda67

Reaction score
Got my new issue of Mopar Action today and I've been reading the budget 360 build article.
I can't believe how easy it was to make 468 hp on a junkyard motor. And they did it for $2000. I spent $3500 and my engine makes over 100 hp less.
Of course mine looks better.:D

I guess you never read about the 600 hp budget 360 Herb Mcandless built in the mid 90s
Herb never was known to be cheap. but he built it with basic parts and good machine work

Any details on the engine for those of us that don't have the magazine???

its simple, really.

Air, Fuel, Spark, lift, duration....ignition timing.....:banghead:

Lol...... You can't believe anything in an article.....That magazine is FOS!

if Ehrenberg was involved I can believe it, he's been around the block a time or two.

Any details on the engine for those of us that don't have the magazine???

^ this, I only found last months(Aug 2014) issue locally, I wanted to see the rest of the series, but nobody in the area has them.
Was hoping somebody could scan/share the article about the head(EQ), and cam selections in the previous issues.

Go to Mopar Action website and they should have full story on file there.

The EQ heads were run out of the box with a valve spring change.
The cam was a Comp roller with the recommended springs.
Don't know the longevity of it since they just left the shortblock alone.

If that one made 468 mine should make alot more than I thought it should!

Heads were OOTB 1.92/1.62 Magnum replacements/M1 single plane/ Comp custom hyd.roller(P.N 20-000-9),specs 279/291 adv./230/[email protected]/.499 lift/.Doesn't list lobe centers,quoted as "lnstall on a 106". They did put better springs on it.Don't have that last issue yet. Considered Hot Rod hit 448 h.p. peak on theirs(similar duration,more lift came,ootb Eddy Magnums,) dyno seems a touch happy.

I believe it , mine makes 398 hp 413 tq , but I spent more on pistons , crank nd machining , already have over 10,000 miles on it , lots of runs at the track . Wonder how long that budget build will last ???

I also think they got pretty big discounts from rock auto or one of those parts suppliers.

230 at .050 and 499 lift... Put me in the doubters camp.

It should have been in the low 6K range for that as well.

I don't believe those magazine articles for one damn minute. As long as sponsors are paying for ads in the magazines, that makes anything they print suspect. If people could build an engine with that much power that cheaply and easily, places like MRL, IMM and the like would be out of business. That's just the truth of it.

-
Back