Im roasting in my car, ideas to cool it down.

-
So before I overthink this (too late) who is using this and good with it? Still painting the inside white.

Screenshot_20230812-163218_Chrome.jpg

And painting the roof white. Look at all UPS trucks. There's a reason they paint the roofs white. lol
Look closer at Ups trucks, the roof is white plastic so the light comes inside the truck. Now go talk to a Ups driver, it is hotter than an oven inside those trucks.

I used the dynamat, it honestly helps with noise dampening more than insulating from what I can feel, although the car is black with a black interior…..and I’m a little on the husky side so I sweat when it’s 60 degrees and cloudy.

E49EA40F-7F84-4393-B11C-E930DCECD745.jpeg

I put the eBay stuff in my dart and it help, did through floor, roof, inside of the doors and trunk with it, cuts down the heat a vital even just driving around town.

20150207_113746.jpg

I've considered taking a 5 gallon bucket and cutting a 3" or so hole in the side of it and dropping a block of ice in it. Then making a lid that my Milwaukee 18v fan will fix to and have it blow straight down into the bucket hopefully exchanging enough heat to cool the car before a pass. No idea if I can get it to work. Might be more trouble than it's worth but I'll give it a go. I've also thought about keeping my helmet in the fridge between rounds. Kinda goofy and it would render the lense worthless but might be nice when it's 120 in the car.

Although not race car related, I can speak to the cooling vest. Nella wears one at horseback riding, because she also wears a neoprene vest for trunk support, and gloves to protect her hands, and she get very hot in that outfit. We freeze her cooking vest and put it in a cooler and I put it on her right before riding. It lasts her about 20 minutes before it gets back to body temp, so that’s about 1/2 her ride time. It’s not the best scenario, but without it, she would not make it 20 minutes. So, it does extend your comfort time, and maybe enough for you to finish your run and not be overheated.

Just a quick update. Went to Epping yesterday but it was only 82. I kept both doors wide open and took off the hood between rounds. Made a big difference. Still painting the car though. Thanks all. BTW right now the coolshirt people are offering 20% off with code USA at there web site!

-
Back