I'm so happy I'm in tears

-

plum crazy dart

Reaction score
As some of you may know I've been out of work, laid off for a year and unemployment was nearing the end. I haven't been able to find a job paying more than $12 hr. I've been prepping the house for sale if it came down to it and had an arrangement with a friend to buy my car with the stipulation that I could buy it back when I got on my feet. Well I just got a call from my former employer. One of the guys at work is out hurt, and will be out for 6 months. They want me to come back to work until he returns. They are guaranteeing me six months and if gets busy I will get to stay, if not I'm back to the unemployed. I'm sooooooo happy to be going back to work!!!! I feel as if a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders even if it's only temporary. :blob::blob::blob::D:D:prayer::prayer::thumblef::thumblef::thumblef::toothy8::toothy8::toothy8::wav::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Congrats Peter that is awesome news! Its amazing how shitty this economy is globally. Finally some piece of mind!

Not to rain on your parade, but if they are serious they will give you everything in writing. I would be real cautious because employers in these days and times are apt to change their minds, the way the weather changes here in Texas. No harm meant towards you, or your former (future employer). Just my thoughts.

Frickin' awesome for you! I too hope it works out for you to be long term. That is probably the best feeling in the world right now.

kewl like getting out of prison and if you do get laid off again your unemployment can be renewed

That news deserves a big Whoo Hoo!! Hope it becomes permanent again!! Congrats!! Geof

[Whoo Hoo][/B]
Outstanding news :blob::blob::blob: :D:D, Wow, I bet it could not happen at a better time :cheers: I am going on record to say this is permanent :cheers:
Top of the day to you and your family :cheers:

Congrats! (and x2 on the 'get it in writing' comment...)

Glad to hear it. I can only imagine if I was that predicament.....wanting to work but can't. It's one of my biggest fears. Hope it works out as a permanent thing again.....

-
Back