I'm supposed to be on TV tonight!

-
just happened to watch it last night...what part would you have been in?
i was a skeptic at first..but the reaction of the people at the end..seemed to make it all worth it...even if the guy squelched on the convertible deal...

I saw it and don't watch too much TV - I did like it.
I like the idea of helping car hoarders divest of their stash to get one really nice car.
We've probably all met a few guys that just have too much stuff. & will never finish anything.
I like Corvairs and even had a '69 Convertible but to start their business off with a big stash of them was a hard way to get going!

I was in a scene where I was to buy one of the old junker bodies out back for a couple hundred bucks. Every year, a bunch of us corvair dudes actually have a barbecue over at Kregg's, and that's happening next month......think about it......we used to pig out, drink beers and go walk around his backyard, admiring all of his stash. He was always super generous if anybody needed any parts or anything he had available. Kregg's cool.

He also has a hoist out back that we can use to work on our cars. It's fun....

just happened to watch it last night...what part would you have been in?
i was a skeptic at first..but the reaction of the people at the end..seemed to make it all worth it...even if the guy squelched on the convertible deal...

Totally agree that taking the convertible back (after the work to make it sellable) was a complete assholeish move. Now I don't know if the guy gave them the money for the work that was done outside of what the show had aired, if so he gets point back for doing the right thing but still assholeish move for getting it back after it was gone.

Was that just a one time showing? I can't find anything on my TV about any re-broadcast or any future episodes?!?

Don't like it at all, its just some flippers who are trying to flip and make money on cars that don't belong to them.

I find it offensive that they can go into this guy's backyard and tell him that he is crazy for having the "forklift" car, Its none of their damn business and such disrespect to a man on his own property warrants a bi$!h slap. I thought kregg's yard was pretty cool with all the cars there.
Whats the harm in being a car hoarder, some people like yard art and whether they ever restore it or not is their own business, no one else's and they are making it seem like being a car hoarder is a bad thing.

Well, news flash!! some people like buying old cars and as long as it is done in an honest way then its no one else's beezwax

I'm pretty sure the show is going to have more episodes. I've got a funny feeling that these guys are thinking that they're eventually going to score some better rides that they can make a bunch o' cash with, not corvairs.

BTW, a friend of mine, Tammie, who I bought my '52 Plymouth Belvedere from........she has about 25 50's~60's Mopars that she inherited from her deceased Dad (nice ones, I've seen some of them!) These guys from this show also approached her and wanted to do an episode, but she said once they started making demands and telling her "how it was going to be".......she told them to go *$#^ off.

Let's just say that a lot of what you saw was "scripted" for more drama, okay?.......:)

Gotta love the Discovery Channel, they did the same thing with "Desert Car Kings" (local junk yard to me) No such thing as "reality tv".

When I first see the listing for that show it said corvettes not corvairs. Like any car show on tv these days.

-
Back