Imperial Services - not a good deal ?!

-

lilredridinghoo

Reaction score
just to let my a-body follows know about my experience with "Imperial Services"

due to the fact,that the shifter-cable of my 65 b´cuda was worn, i´d decided to buy a new one made by Imperial Services. (nearly 200 dollars - not cheap but if the quality is right it will be a part you one buy in 40 years)

the response on my questions (what part-number, shipping to Germany etc) was very fast. the invoice also came very fast, and i payed it the same evening via PayPal.

2 weeks later i got the shifter-cable, it looks pretty nice and seems to be made with best materials and i assumed it will be worth the money i spended...

next day i tried to install the new part, damn.. it won´t fit, any way i tried... no chance to get it the right way on the tranny-lever.

so i disamble everything again..... and compared the old cable with the new one >>> the new one was exactly one inch too long !!

so i connected Steve Carette (owner of Imperial Services) about this issue. He told me normally they don´t have faillured parts and i should measure it twice, and then i should come back to him, and beside that issue, it should work even if it´s to long

So i´did ... still exactly one inch too long.... as i told him first.

and that was the last contact i had with Imperial Services...06/24/2010

no reactions anymore....

i´d tried several times to get an answer or what ever reaction... nothing happens....

therefore... think twice before you make business with them

i started trying to contact them last november about a shifter cable

in march i gave up and bought a whole new transmission

i know of a guy with a barracuda who can tell the same story

frankly i am surprised they ever even picked up the phone for you, let alone sold you a product.

i never considered that maybe i got lucky...

So basically he stole your money, thanks for the info, I am sure it will help someone else avoid the same situation.

Yeah, if the housing is correct length and the center cable is an inch too long, that's not going to work. Thanks for the warning.

-
Back