In Car Cam Change

-

2 Darts

A-body Addicted
Reaction score
I know that you can change the cam in a V-8 with the engine in the car. Does anyone know if this can be done with a /6?

i believe that it is possible.There was/is a article by Doug Dutra at slantsix.org about doing it. Something about removing radiator and grille and it coming out the front. Its a long puppy though.

It can be done but plan on removing the bumper, valance, grille, radiator, cutting a clearance notch in the radiator support, and jacking the engine up. It's just as easy to pull the engine.

Depends on the car if its your Demon it wont be bad at all. Remove the grill, radiator, water pump and timing cover. You will want to remove the lifters and push rods so they dont fall.
My02
Frank

Thanks guys. I was concerned about how the cam lined up with the opening in the radiator support panel. The cam change is for a 73. I'm really hesitant to pull the engine, because it will mean pulling the hood. It's easier for me to dismantle the front end than to pull an engine. At least I know it can be done and that I should be prepared to jack up the engine.

Thanks guys. I was concerned about how the cam lined up with the opening in the radiator support panel. The cam change is for a 73. I'm really hesitant to pull the engine, because it will mean pulling the hood. It's easier for me to dismantle the front end than to pull an engine. At least I know it can be done and that I should be prepared to jack up the engine.

If you hook it short and use a cherry picker you can leave the hood on.

I haven't pulled the hood off to change a Slant in years.

What would we do with out these great tec's 72 Demon. :-D

A cup of :coffee2: to 66aCUDA ,grumpuscreature ,Charrlie_S ,linc :-D

Keeping us inline

Inline half a dozen . :-D To cool

-
Back