In dash speaker

-

Caberocks

Reaction score
I bought a replacement dash speaker for my 73 Dart. Like most "replacement" parts, it doesn't look quite like the original. Has anyone replaced their dash speaker? I have no idea how to get the old magnet out of the frame so I can use the old speaker frame. It looks like its epoxied in or something. Any ideas would be appreciated.

20161211_121113 - Copy.jpg

20161211_121347.jpg

20161211_121354 - Copy.jpg

I'm thinking it may work to cut the old frame so the new speaker lays right in and it's magnet protrudes out the back.

20161211_121354 - Copy.jpg

It appears that you are attempting to use a replacement speaker that is not the same as the one you have removed. You are probably set on using what you have there, but if not, there is a member on this site that sells a bracket for installing two small, common size speakers in the place of the one. I'd recommend a search for "speaker bracket" to find his posts on the subject.

Lows from the back, high and mid from the front... and you can fit 2 4"s in the front with the fabo adapter.

I run 2 4s front 2 6x9s rear and 1 10" in trunk... sounds fn amazing.

1 amp for the front 4, and a mono for the sub.

Nothing is overkill.

Yes, yes, and further yes. But: ( big but)...
IF ( big if ), we want max bass from front speaker, as a decided priority, then figure out a way to get as deep a 4x10 into there as you can. Avoid giant magnets.
Find a 3 watt speaker.
When connecting rears, you must make sure all 3 speakers move in the same direction, easily checked by 9 volt battery to speaker wires while touching cone.
Bass will excel when making the phase of all speakers matche. And never just trust +/- as marked, especially between different manufacturers.

-
Back