In dire need to borrow Milodon p/u 18343.

-
View attachment 1715[/URL]
Milodon"]Milodon Oil Pans & More at Summit Racing Oil Pump Pickups[/URL]

Part Type:Oil"]Oil Pump Pickups Pump Pickups[/URL]
Application:Find"]Milodon Oil Pump Pickups 18343 out if this fits your application[/URL]
  • Save
  • Email

318064[/ATTACH]??

mil-18343_or_ml.jpg

if your not in a hurry

380.gif

Have you checked with Hughes Engines? They still list them on their page, not sure about actual availability.
Hughes Engines

I looked for pictures, apparently I don't have them anymore. Here's a picture I found in autoxcuda's install thread showing the pickup

View attachment 1715317999

On mine I had to move the mounting tab to work with the original 340 windage tray. Of course, I had to do the exact same thing on the pickup that came with my Kevko pan, same deal. And the Kevko one I had to bend to get to the right spec on the bottom of the Kevko pan, it was a good 1/2" off the bottom as I received it.

I guess I shouldn't have singled out drag racing. Putting your oil pan below your K member is stupid. I mean seriously, you think that making your oil pan one of the lowest parts of your car is smart? Even on a car that isn't lowered that's not real bright. On something lowered and set up for handling like the OP's car it's flat out dumb.

Of course it matters that it wasn't a road race pan. You have absolutely ZERO knowledge of the oil pan being used. None. You had one Milodon pan, it was a completely different pan than the one in question, and you got rid of it. How long ago was that? I have a road race pan. The welds are great, it doesn't leak. It's one of the nicest oil pans I've seen, and I'll buy another for my Challenger when it goes back on the road.

The added ground clearance is nice, as the milodon road race pan actually sits a little higher than a stock pan. The additional capacity is a bonus as well. But the real improvement is oil control, the road race pan has baffles and trap doors to keep the oil near the pickup during cornering loads. Most of the other pans out there are built just to control front to back oil movement, not side to side. The OP has built the crap out of his car to handle, the pan makes perfect sense with his build.

For the Kevko pans, I seriously doubt their circle track pan will fit an A-body. That's just looking at them, you'd have to ask. They also have oil control set up for only one direction. Which makes sense for circle track and not at all for street, autoX or road race use. I have a Kevko pan too, just an M301 for some extra capacity on the 318 for my Dart. The welds on the Kevko look rough as hell, and the baffles and trap doors had sharp edges and slag that I had to clean up when I got it. I'm sure it will work, but it looks like a home built job. It also only has front to rear oil control, which is pretty useless for cornering. Honestly I'd fire up my TIG welder and build my own before I bought another Kevko pan. After cleaning up the work on the pan I got and modifying the pick up I probably could have built my own.
I didn't read all the other comments you made but I did read with you said about mine. At the time I had never bought an 8 quart oil pan before and was suggested to buy my engine builder of course for his liability likely of having more oil in there. And I didn't do enough research and find out that everybody else had to cut their K frame and all the other nightmares that I had with this thing. Again when I called their quality control and the things that had to say completely turn me off. luckily I have cheap Summit headers that even go down lower than my oil pan which I have never scraped in the 4 years or 5 years I've had them on there. I don't drive like a jack wheel on the street so it's unlikely that it will happen but anything can happen. I just try and pass along a little of my experience and I realize this isn't a drag race application this is a road race application but with that said when their quality controlI says the things that they say, I'm not want to recommend them...

View attachment 1715[/URL]
Milodon"]Milodon Oil Pans & More at Summit Racing Oil Pump Pickups[/URL]

Part Type:Oil"]Oil Pump Pickups Pump Pickups[/URL]
Application:Find"]Milodon Oil Pump Pickups 18343 out if this fits your application[/URL]
  • Save
  • Email

318064[/ATTACH]??

View attachment 1715318064
if your not in a hurry

View attachment 1715318066
I've had one on order from summit already, they can't get one either. If you check again next week that estimated ship date will be a later date.

Screenshot_20190411-172040.png

Screenshot_20190411-172047.png

Screenshot_20190411-172023.png

Screenshot_20190411-172032.png

I love all of these pristine Pro Touring muscle car builds. But the simple fact is, I never see them at the race track. It's kind of like the Pro Street cars back in the 90's, overbuilt to the point the owners never flog them at the drag strip.

When I raced on a road course back in the day, the only thing that worked was a dry sump system.

I love all of these pristine Pro Touring muscle car builds. But the simple fact is, I never see them at the race track. It's kind of like the Pro Street cars back in the 90's, overbuilt to the point the owners never flog them at the drag strip.

When I raced on a road course back in the day, the only thing that worked was a dry sump system.

That seems like a really bizarre comment for an oil pick up tube thread? Aren't pristine pro touring cars meant to be driven on the street, kinda like pro street cars(hence the name)? In fact, if they were meant to be driven on the track then they would indeed be...race cars?

I don't drive like a jack wheel on the street so it's unlikely that it will happen but anything can happen.

I never heard that saying." Drive like a jack wheel"?

I just installed a Milodon pan on a 340 Demon. Leaks at the weld on the drivers side. We had to repaint the pan after welding. The pan is now orange. Also the same Part # pan did not fit over the main caps on our motor. We had to push the sides of the pan out with a Porto-power while holding the rails in.

These pans are made in Mexico? That new pickup you need will be stuck at the border for months. I think I saw the truck in line on FOX News. It was about 300 trucks out .LOL Buy a Steff's pan that is our next purchace.

I never heard that saying." Drive like a jack wheel"?

I just installed a Milodon pan on a 340 Demon. Leaks at the weld on the drivers side. We had to repaint the pan after welding. The pan is now orange. Also the same Part # pan did not fit over the main caps on our motor. We had to push the sides of the pan out with a Porto-power while holding the rails in.

These pans are made in Mexico? That new pickup you need will be stuck at the border for months. I think I saw the truck in line on FOX News. It was about 300 trucks out .LOL Buy a Steff's pan that is our next purchace.
My favorite is getting called stupid from someone who lives in California! LOL

My favorite is getting called stupid from someone who lives in California! LOL

You know what’s stupid?

A bunch of guys talking crap about an oil pan they don’t own and haven’t used in a thread started by a guy looking for an oil pump pickup.

You guys didn’t like your Milodon deep sump pans? Great. You run your car at 4x4 height to clear your deep sump pan and cheap under the steering link headers? Awesome. You want to make your car absolutely useless in anything other than a perfectly straight line for a really short distance? Super. None of that’s relevant.

The OP didn’t ask for opinions on Milodon pans, he already owns one. And given the very limited options for road race oil pans, he’s not likely to change it.

You know what’s stupid?

A bunch of guys talking crap about an oil pan they don’t own and haven’t used in a thread started by a guy looking for an oil pump pickup.

You guys didn’t like your Milodon deep sump pans? Great. You run your car at 4x4 height to clear your deep sump pan and cheap under the steering link headers? Awesome. You want to make your car absolutely useless in anything other than a perfectly straight line for a really short distance? Super. None of that’s relevant.

The OP didn’t ask for opinions on Milodon pans, he already owns one. And given the very limited options for road race oil pans, he’s not likely to change it.
Calling me stupid from your keyboard doesn't make you any kind of internet hero...
I was pointing out that their quality control is not good. I can't imagine it's only not good for deep oil pans and not for road race oil pans. It seems as you spent your money on one and are happy to let other people get one also. More monkey see monkey do...

You know what’s stupid?

Hay, I did my best to help him. I thought the one I linked to was the same. I still think it's the same. What's different about it?

....and for the record, I've used Milodon pans in the past and never had a problem.

It's not the same. The one you linked has a depth difference of over 3".

Ok. I tried. All I did was look up pickup for that part number pan and the pickup I linked to came up everywhere.

-
Back