In Need of a Battery Cut Off Switch Diagram

-

hotrodhoodlum

X Nostalgia Drag Racer
Reaction score
Loking for help on putting in a cut off switch for my dart I am a electrical dummy What cable how much and connectors will I need and what size I know Im asking for alot but if you have the time please advise . If your in the area I will pay to install or maybe you know someone or a shop that will in my area

I have the switch Brand: MOROSO
Our Part Number: M2874101

Thanks Tommy
Chicago IL

Attachments

• tay-1032_w_ml.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 238
I am not good and awake yet :coffee2: Are you going to be running an alternator ? and is the Battery going to be in the trunk.

In my opinion, the easiest is to NOT use that switch. Get yourself a FOUR terminal (DPST) switch, made by Cole-Hearse and others, which has 2 large and 2 small terminals.

Break the battery POS. line with the two big terminals.

The SMALL terminals are to prevent the alternator to continue to power the engine if the switch has to be pulled and the engine is still running ---an NHRA requirement

Run two no14 wires front to rear, and hook them to the switch small terminals.

Up front, if you have a small "trigger" wire for ignition such as MSD, use the no 14 to break the path from the key to the MSD small red wire.

IF you have points, HEI, or Mopar ECU, etc, tap the key "switched ignition" to one no14, and use the other no 14 to key a good quality relay. Use the output of that relay to feed your ignition system.

thanks the 74101 is a 4 post im gettng I agreeQUOTE=67Dart273;1969991920]In my opinion, the easiest is to NOT use that switch. Get yourself a FOUR terminal (DPST) switch, made by Cole-Hearse and others, which has 2 large and 2 small terminals.

Break the battery POS. line with the two big terminals.

The SMALL terminals are to prevent the alternator to continue to power the engine if the switch has to be pulled and the engine is still running ---an NHRA requirement

Run two no14 wires front to rear, and hook them to the switch small terminals.

Up front, if you have a small "trigger" wire for ignition such as MSD, use the no 14 to break the path from the key to the MSD small red wire.

IF you have points, HEI, or Mopar ECU, etc, tap the key "switched ignition" to one no14, and use the other no 14 to key a good quality relay. Use the output of that relay to feed your ignition system.[/QUOTE]

-
Back