In need of A pillar windshield measurements

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
So when I bought my project car there was a pile of trim in the backseat. I figured that was good news for me since the car seemed to be missing some trim, but when I went to size it up and trial fit I found that the windshield trim does not fit. When I laid the a pillar trim against the windshield it was too long for my 67 Dart (I know it uses a lockstrip normally, but I was just sizing). The bottom section fit just fine around the windshield (I figure all A bodies are the same if not even other body styles. I measured the pillar trim and it comes in at right around 22 inches. My Dart is a 2 door hardtop and measures around 20 inches. I was wondering what the 2 door post cars and 4 doors measured because I thought they had slightly taller rooflines. That being said, could any 2 door post and 4 door users please measure their a pillar trim for me? I would really like to sell this trim and get it out of my way since it is in really nice shape, but I don't know what to tell people it fits.

I am not sure about height but something to consider is Duster vs Dart & Valiant. The Duster is not as long across the top. It actually tilts in toward center of the car. I dont remember exactly but there is a few inches difference with the top trim between the two.

Ah, good to know. I noticed when I set the trim on the windshield the top pieces didn't come together and overlap, but I figured the reason was the difference in height. I figured the higher the windshield the more it would taper to pull the top pieces closer together. I'm only about an inch off on those pieces when set on my 67. It could just be Duster trim though, measurements would be appreciated if anyone has them *nudge*.

-
Back