In Search of my Dad's '69 Barracuda Fastback

-

Brt356

Reaction score
My dad taught me how to drive in his 1969 Barracuda Fastback. He purchased the car new from a Chrysler dealer in Munich Germany. The specs are listed below. The car was sold to an Army serviceman when he has stationed in Graf Germany in the early 1980's. My Dad passed away and I would really like to know if his car is still out there. I know my Mom would be thrilled to know if my Dad's beloved 1969 Barracuda Fastback was still on the road.

I would appreciate any help or advice on how to go about this possibly impossible search! THANK YOU for any and all help!

Year: 1969
Original color: silver w/ wide black stripes
along both sides of the car
Engine: "slant 6"
Other: ordered with heavy duty suspension
Vin: unknown (delivered in Munich Germany 1969)
Transmission: automatic / shift on the column

It is a long shot but try the German Embassy in DC. They might be able to work thru the German files better than anybody.
I think Chrysler's records were lost in a fire.

that would be cool if it was here.wish i had it.

Thanks - so do we!:smile:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a long shot but try the German Embassy in DC. They might be able to work thru the German files better than anybody.
I think Chrysler's records were lost in a fire.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Since the car was sold by an American Chrysler dealer rep to an American I don't believe the German gov would have been involved in the record keeping for this sell. But, again thanks for suggesting it.

Sad news about the Chrysler's records being destroyed. I was hoping to use them as a means of last resort. I figured there probably weren't too many Barracuda's shipped to Americans in Germany in 1969. :neutral:

You might want to check with the army base,they might have records of the car being shipped overseas by the serviceman who bought the car.Good luck with your search.

You might want to check with the army base,they might have records of the car being shipped overseas by the serviceman who bought the car.Good luck with your search.

Thanks - great idea and suggestion. Much appreciated.

-
Back