in search of the a-body wagon

-

happster

Reaction score
yesterday i was working at my shop when i noticed what looked like a '74 valiant, except it was a WAGON! :love5:i was thrilled about finding out they existed, as i had never thought to even look for one, but now i really want to know more about them. i went through google looking for them, but all i could find was the first-generation valiants. i have a '72 scamp, and i really just wanted to see if i could get one with the same front fascia and everything except a wagon version. i know i won't find a scamp one, but does anyone know if they EXIST? i like my scamp and i want a wagon version! if you have any info please help me out. thanks!

Like 68SEDAN SAID.................

LackOfPictures.jpg

Sounds like another DART R/T.

well, first off, welcome to FABO, but secondly, got any pics? just sounds a little strange after that other guy's first post was "i found a 70 dart R/T"

could have been built somehwhere else, Mexico, south america and Austrailia has some different cars

Seen a 67 style Dart wagon in Ga. a few months back

Yes, I have pictures

dartwagon2.jpg

Dartwagon.jpg

probably exported to australia since its a right hand driver. cool looking regardless.

could have been built somehwhere else, Mexico, south america and Austrailia has some different cars

Yes, I have pictures

now that is one cool lookin machine. i like the visor too, gives it that 70s custom vibe8)

I seen an ad from argentina that looked pretty kewl,70'ish here's a UFO for ya!

EX000428.JPG

so you guys are telling me that this thing is rare and unusual? i gotta track it down again! i didn't have a chance to get pics- someone was driving it. and how are pics really important if i'm just wondering if you guys have seen them before? it's odd. i want it.

Because of the right hand drive and the plate, I agree it is probably Australian

I'm gonna forward that pic to the guy who bought my Lil Red. He lives in the Northern Territory down under

Sorry to bust your bubble, but the last year we had A body wagons was 1966. Australia had a '67 up wagon that was not available here. My guess is you saw a Volare or Aspen wagon, especially since it had the cowcatcher bumpers. Next time you see it check the tailgate. If it is one piece and the window is fixed, you have a Volare/Aspen. Cool cars in their own right and seriously overlooked as fun rides. A 360 in one will keep a silly grin on your face and a big block pegs the fun meter.

I finally heard from the guy down under that bought my Lil Red. Here is what he had to say about this wagon...

sorry about taking so long to reply to you but I've been away working.

Yep, thats an Australian Valiant.

It's a 1967 VE Valiant Station Wagon. Everything on it is
interchangeable with your Darts. I'd say by the trim that it's the
Regal option version and by the badge on the side that it has the 160
HP 2 bbl , 225cid slant six in it - I think you guys called it the
Super Six. They were also available with 144 HP 225 and the 273 cid V8.

They're still a fairly common car here and you could find a reasonable
rust free one for around $3000 to $6000

Cheers,

Mike

Cool wagon pics I would like to post a few of my 63 and I am trying to figure out how. Any help will be appreciated.

Hey wagon people, I may be getting the hang of this. I've had this waggy for ever. Since 1969 to be exact. Got it my dad who bought it brand new. Some of you may have seen it on other web sites. I will post info as requested or as I have time. Wagon people are a select breed. Especially early A bodies w/ later A body upgrades.

Attachments

• DSCF0212.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 422
  • DSCF0208.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 434
  • DSCF0207.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 406
  • DSCF0203.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCF0201.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 407
  • DSCF0199.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 416
  • DSCF0196.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 413
  • 1150225316_WAGGY4.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCF0194.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 405
  • 1150225289_WAGGY3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 413
thats my brown safari 69 valiant/dart wgn,imported to US in 1994,RHD 3 spd,take it to a lot of shows,mopar nats,woodward cruise,i think its the only one in the states,gets a lot of attention over here and my ute

Attachments

• SSCN0317.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 379

Yes, I have pictures
What's with that goofy looking hood ornament.....makes it look like a Buick......

Thats a Factory Aussie Valiant ornament correct for that period. No such thing as Plymouth in Australia all there models were Valiant / wayfarer(ute) safari(wagon) Regal (sedan) etc.

The 1980 F-Body wagons looked a little more A-Body-ish to me.

Attachments

• DSCN0232.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 309
  • DSCN0235.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 298
  • DSCN0234.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCN0233.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 299
-
Back