In-tank fuel pump HotRodCity Garage aluminum gas tank help ?

-

DonnieLawson

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
Has anyone installed one of these tanks ? How do you like it ?
And has anyone installed one with a in tank electric fuel pump for a carburated engine ?
Its getting time for me to do something about my gas tank .
I like the idea of a in tank pump , kinda get it out of the way.....

It will be in the neighborhood of 650 HP , its a Big-block 505 stroker motor , mainly street driven

Donnie

68 Cuda.............

Attachments

• hotrodcitygarage.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 259
  • My Cuda Hanging sheetmetal Resized 0001.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 270
  • My Cuda Hanging sheetmetal Resized 0071.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 264
  • Suspension and dash resized0051.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 297
  • Suspension and dash resized0052.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 285
I saw pics in the gen III hemi section, i think its map63vette, but couldnt find his post. I am doing a in tank pump for my hemi, and after seeing his pics, i want to upgrade from the factory tank with a rockvalley pump kit i already have. Those tanks look nice.

As far as with a carb, my understanding is you just need to have proper regulation, and return.
It would be A cleaner install than mounting one someplace else...

It's a super clean looking upgrade...... , Would a electric fuel pump from a fuel injection system work correctly on a carbureted unit with a return line
TheMoparDude sells these tanks and he recommended HotRodCitys TRE performance 300 h electric fuel pump with a return line to the tank . I'll be around 650 HP on my 505 stroker motor.

Has anyone done this or got any info a about the in-tank systems ?

Youll have to run a fuel log with a regulator on the end and a fat return line. The TBI pumps are med pressure like 23psi, the TPI are high psi pumps. You dont want to "dead head" the fuel to the carb by putting the regulator in front of the carb, rather you may want to run a good dual inlet line like this
4150_fuel_log_7.8unef_small.jpg
with the regulator on the far end that dumps to the return line. You adjust the regulator to 7-8 psi or whetever your carb likes. Im sure you knew this but visuals are always fun to look at.

-
Back